LegacyGT.com

bov barely makes noise

bdickey058

So i put my bov on my car yesterday. I had to make a custome flange for it and it seems to be holding very well. Until i get my recircultin thingy or am able to run it 50/50 i'm vta. Anyways the bov will not sound off untill like 3500 rpm's. and its not loud at all for a vta. I'm kinda sad about it. I have the adjustable thingy turned all the way to soft. Also i can smell that my car is running rich inbetween shifts so yea that sucks. So what do i do. why is it so quiet. It works great and i am actually holding boost a lot better does not die at the top end as much and spools quicker. All this was very noticable using my boost gauge. So what do i do, what do i do?

Which BOV? If you adjusted it for "soft" it's probably going to open at the first hint of vacuum. How did you fashion the flange? Did you test it with a vacuum pump to see what level of vac is required to open it, compared to the OEM part?

John's opinion: Installing a BOV simply for noise is silly. /John's opinion

besides knowing what BOV you are running, what supporting mods do you have? If you have nothing else done, as many other posts will tell you the amount of noise you will hear is minimal. If you have a tune, intake, and other supporting mods it will be much more apparent.

you can put back on your stock bov and get a k&n typhoon intake. You will hear your bov sound and your car will run better.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Its a turbosmart dual port bov. How i machined a flange for it. took measurments and cut it out with a waterjet machine! Also my car is running fine. No hesitation or anything. i bought the bov b/c my i was messin with my top mount oneday and had it laying on the ground and my mom happened to run over it breaking the lil knob that holds a hose in. Also very soon i'm having infamous make me a tune. i will have a panel avo filter, cbe, and gutted downpipe

also i have not put a vacuum thingy on it yet to see at what level it opens up at. I have it all the way to soft and it wont open till high rpm's!

Try cleaning the POS. Are you using a gasket?

Keep in mind that a twin vent BOV is going to be more quiet than others. Under low throttle conditions the primary port routes air back to the inlet tract, in order for you to hear the sound both ports must open and that happens mainly under high RPM WOT shifts.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

So i was screwing with the bov yesterday and i think i manganged to make a vacuum leak or something. if i gas on it in 1st then go to 2nd 3rd etc it will like make a crazy sound. like the wastegate is staying open or osmething. idk its werid

So i was screwing with the bov yesterday and i think i manganged to make a vacuum leak or something. if i gas on it in 1st then go to 2nd 3rd etc it will like make a crazy sound. like the wastegate is staying open or osmething. idk its werid

like a fluttering sound? could be ur bov not opening up all the way to let the air out so its going back through ur turbo.. .not good if thats what its doing...

Archived