LegacyGT.com

Best pad/compound combo for hairline scratches?

So I have my PC and garage full of detailing stuff, but it's pretty infrequent that I use the PC. However I was doing my spring detailing this weekend, and decided to use the PC to remove some really small (but numerous enough to annoy) hairline scratches on my LGT's roof. However, I couldn't seem to to remove them. I went as far as an orange pad (ie, light cutting) with Meguiar's DACP, which I thought should've made short work of these small scratches... but it didn't. What's the pad & compound combo. best suited for removing hairline scratches?

Try our Swirl Abolishers. Polishing pad and speed 6 on the PC should do the trick. I'd start with #2 and finish with #1.

Here's a Legacy I did with our Swirl Abolishers and a PC.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i115/danase/Detailed%20Vehicles/IMG_2746.jpg

Adam's Polishes Swirl & Haze would work pretty well... Make sure you work it enough to break down the products... If that doesn't do it, Menzerna SIP is also a good start.

You make a good point, b/c when I first started using the PC, I'm certain I was not breaking down the compounds. I am definitely doing that now.

How abrasive are the products you listed vs. Meguiar's Dual Action Cleaner Polish (ie, DACP)? One of the things that irritates me about all the different products out there is that it's very hard to compare apples to apples because not all manufacturers rank their abrasiveness.

sorry... I haven't used DACP so I can't really give you a good reference/advise on that... :(

You make a good point, b/c when I first started using the PC, I'm certain I was not breaking down the compounds. I am definitely doing that now.

How abrasive are the products you listed vs. Meguiar's Dual Action Cleaner Polish (ie, DACP)? One of the things that irritates me about all the different products out there is that it's very hard to compare apples to apples because not all manufacturers rank their abrasiveness.

Archived