LegacyGT.com

Injector install instructions

• 4 months later...
What color are stock injectors? I bought an 05 with a vf52 allready on it but no up pipe down pipe etc and I'm kinda wondering if any other random parts were changed? Or if it was stage 2.5 ish and he put it back to stock as much as possible.

What color are stock injectors? I bought an 05 with a vf52 allready on it but no up pipe down pipe etc and I'm kinda wondering if any other random parts were changed? Or if it was stage 2.5 ish and he put it back to stock as much as possible.

Stock are yellow...modified are yellow. Pull one and take a pic for us

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
same here. No way I was putting that thing back in! I absolutely had to lift my manifold slightly to get the fuel rail out of the way.. I think that is why I had to lift it.

I also had to relocate a ground connection on the driver's side since I did not put that plate back on. Its been a while, I somewhat forget.

where did you relocate the ground too?

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
It's only a safety point, but that "bracket" is there to protect the injectors from exposure during a collision, where anything intruding into the injector area could dislodge the fuel rail, allowing pressurized fuel to spray around the engine bay and cause a serious fire.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

okay I gess Bump again, I have my intake manifold released and the fuel line disconnect tool ready to use in the morning before I begin removing my stock STi/Spec.B fuel injectors.

In the morning I will be removing the injectors and installing some GrimmSpeed phenolic spacers while the IM is loose, and also a set of new NGK 2309 spark plugs.

The Deatschwerks 850cc topfeed injectors will arrive the next day so I SHOULD be ready for an easy install as long as nothing goes wrong tomorrow morning.

I will post here with results since I cannot find any other current/reasonable thread regarding injector installation on a 2008 model.

5/19/2k15

Archived