LegacyGT.com

I changed my oil with Pennzoil convetional 5w30 - is my car DOOMED?

rao

Yes, I'm afraid your car is doomed. However, if you hurry, you might save it. I heard that if you rev the engine pretty high then stick the intake into a 25 lb bag of very fine sand it'll port and polish your engine. That should take care of any of the damage done by the oil.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Get that ish out of there. And I mean all of it. Drain all the oil out. Replace with water and dawn dishwashing soap. Run car until it gets hot and starts foaming. Add water restart drain. Repeat 3-4 times or until suds go away. Replace with the good stuff and you should be fine.

As long as you change your oil every day you will be fine. But I think you already do that.

but dino oils break down faster than synthetic, so i think he needs to change his oil every hour.

Why would you ever switch from JDM Quaker State? :confused:

Well that's the problem :( my usual source dried up.

I obviously do change the oil during my daily engine rebuild, but I suppose I will now have to change it every time a shut the car off :eek: Oh well, it's a small price to pay for piece of mind.

The question is, what should my new oil of choice be?

The question is, what should my new oil of choice be?

I say use a different oil every time you change it.

Start with a brand and weight and keep switching brands until you've used a bunch of different ones. go in alphabetical order.

switch weights starting with the lowest and increment up. go through brands again.

repeat.

I used hair gel one time b/c I was tired of getting oil on my hands when I do my oil changes. I just got a really big bottle for like 10 bucks! WOOT!!

everywhere I went it smelled like a barber shop...ppl were all like WTF and I was like yeah bishes!!!

I think next time I'm gonna try "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!"

just use the tears of newborn babies mixed with the captured souls of your ancestors. Doint this will not only prevent future engine damage. It will actually fix any damage those overpriced synthetic oils caused.

Archived