LegacyGT.com

Very clear thought as to why Subaru went with the stereo configuration

My one clear thought has spoken to me. :) Maybe Subaru is trying to be more luxury in this sense like BMW/Lexus/Acura with having an integrated unit. It looks much more clean. Of course for us trying to design a carputer project, it doesn't make it any easier. Ah well...just a thought.

Wow, its been awhile since I've been on...been researching the forester. :D for offroading action

My 1din bezel unit to hold/fit my HU just got shipped from Japan .....it should be here in a week or so...can't wait..

Is this the 1din bezel for the cubby? If so, did you also get the rails to mount your hu? And finally, where did you get it!!??

.o0O0o.

^^ Yes this is the bezel for the cubby, I was lead to belive that it comes with rails to mount. But if it doesn't it will be easy enough to do on my own. They are $115 (144 w/shipping) I got them through a special order with AVO. My Front/Rear sways and front and rear endlinks are on the way too.....and my STi lip...JDM grille I just installed.....boy I've been spoiled this month .

You can order it here.....I will take tons of pics when it comes in and during the install to see how this unit will work out. I know I'm one of the first to get this...so I'll make sure to post as much info as possible.

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_58_3_62&products_id=228

stereo3.jpg.ed8bce6d8b5cc1211e751b44c02a517f.jpg

stereo1.jpg.a95449ca19d6dfd8568d6a7a809ca19e.jpg

^^ Yes this is the bezel for the cubby, I was lead to belive that it comes with rails to mount. But if it doesn't it will be easy enough to do on my own. They are $115 (144 w/shipping) I got them through a special order with AVO. My Front/Rear sways and front and rear endlinks are on the way too.....and my STi lip...JDM grille I just installed.....boy I've been spoiled this month .

You can order it here.....I will take tons of pics when it comes in and during the install to see how this unit will work out. I know I'm one of the first to get this...so I'll make sure to post as much info as possible.

http://www.avoturboworld.com/avoshop/product_info.php?cPath=1_58_3_62&products_id=228

Awsome, I can't wait! I was lead to believe that it wouldn't fit our cars in a discussion in a previous thread. What hu do you plan on using?

.o0O0o.

I have a bunch of stuff that I ripped out of my old car...but heres a pic of the HU..

Here's what's go'n in:

Panasonic DVD/TV/MP3/Nav 7'' Screen --

6 Disk CD changer --

Subwoofer - /JL-W7 --

Speaker Amp - JL4300e --

Sub Amp - amps-JL500/1 --

Door Speakers/tweeters - Alpine SPR-574A

Mon.jpg.8b04e0b4109f21d0872c351699bfb7dd.jpg

^^ My initial though is I will just tap into the speaker wires that come from the stock radio. As for how do I "switch" to it to have the output go to the new headunit...that's my challange, I'm think'n to using the FM button so I will loose FM2, or AM but then it will switch to my 2nd head unit....so many ideas so little time....

Archived