LegacyGT.com

flat tire replacement

AriA

I just got my car and got a 3in boxknife blade in my left rear tire now I've been told by the tire places that I need all new tires because its AWD it seems to me that just the rears. would need replacing seeing as how there not even now. And where all put on at the same time. But any info would help and sorry about the post I'm doing on my cell phone

If the circumference of a new tire is more than 0.5 inches bigger than the tires you have now then all four tires need to be replaced. Just changing the rears will eventually damage your center differential because the front and the rear tires would be rotating at different rates. The tire places you talked to are probably telling you the truth.

You can buy a new tire and have it shaved to the same depth as the others. This woul be the best thing to do....unless you have re92s then replace them all.
Rehab is for quitters.

You 'da man!

BTW, OP...lots of good tires for under $100 per IF you have to replace...I live where there is no snow so what I use are typically much different than most LGTers...GL

Rehab is for quitters.

Thanks for the info guys I'm still without tires and I can't find a shop to shave down and used tired or new for that matter. I'll have to park it til next payday and just get all new ones. BTW will 05+ rims fit on the 00-04?

This will answer your question. BTW, the circumference difference is 1/4 of an inch not 1/2.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105336

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived