LegacyGT.com

Max speed in 4th and 5th in 5EAT?

captainhook

Are thse numbers legit? I believe that the LGT would be better then the STI but better then the Ferarri is hard to believe that thing looks sleek.

It's also big. But I have no idea if they're legit :cool: - the same 0.33 appears all over the 'net though.

Are thse numbers legit? I believe that the LGT would be better then the STI but better then the Ferarri is hard to believe that thing looks sleek.

Keep in mind that drag coefficient (Cd) is only one factor in determining how much total drag there is. Frontal area x drag coefficient = total drag or drag area. I surmise that the LGT has a larger frontal area by virtue of its substantially taller profile, so it may still have more drag despite having a lower Cd. The following Wikipedia article lists some total drag/drag area figures for production cars:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive_aerodynamics

Ok. Done deal. Granted they're not authoritve soruces but it's still a well known statistic.

2007 Legacy drag coefficient: 0.29

2007 STI drag coefficient: 0.33

For comparison - 2007 Ferarri F430 drag coefficient: 0.33

Thank you this is a really good find, but mainly I was trying to make a point toward this person who was infatuated with knowing if our cars could hit 170 mph that just cause they look aerodynamic don't mean they are. I would still be surprised to see that a legacy is more aerodynamic then a f430 cause like the person above said its not just the cd but that times the frontal area. Also the legacy stands 5.9 inches off the ground compared to the f430s 4.5'. I appreciate you posting this but I was really just trying to get my point across that things aren't always what they appear to be !

Archived