LegacyGT.com

0-60 Time w/ 2.5 Turbo Legacy

Hi, Folks.

New here and looking to perhaps purchase. I did a search and the 0-60 times are all over the map depending on who's quoting. Some are in the 5s, others in the 7s.

What's the reality for the 5-spd and the auto? Thanks.

- SuperSubie

0-60 times for 5MT LGT limited:

In the 10/04 Road & Track issue they got 5.7 seconds

In the 10/04 Car & Driver issue they got 5.6 seconds

I have yet to see any conclusive 0-60 tests done with the 5EAT, but in one review I read (Edmunds maybe???), the editor estimated the time would be just under 7 seconds.

-CD

anyone saying anything near 7 is someones grandma. Depending on how much clutch you wanna burn...5.6-5.9 sec 5MT 5.8-6.1 5EAT

5.8 in a 5EAT? Don't think so!

A really hard driven 5MT will get you 5.5-5.7 seconds.

Aggresive will get you 5.8-6.0.

With a 5EAT, there's not such a variance since basically it's power brake and go, and there isn't much fluctuation between how well you can do it.

But, one magazine (I think MotorTrend) got 0-60 in 6.5 seconds with the auto, and that would be REALLY hard to beat. The 7.0 second time the poster has seen is from the automatic Outback XT (which is the heaviest car with the the 2.5T) I'd figure MOST Legacy GT's with the 5EAT will get you 6.6-6.7 to 60 mph!

Hmm, just out of curiousity, how did a newbie become a moderator already?

Shouldn't there be at least a minimum time of membership (say a year) before moderatorship is bestowed?

you get to me a mod when you know what you're talking about....and if you ask nicely

Very nice, welcome.

But now you need to "know what you are talking about" when it comes to the acceleration of the car in which the board you are moderating is about. Jab Jab.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Very nice, welcome.

But now you need to "know what you are talking about" when it comes to the acceleration of the car in which the board you are moderating is about. Jab Jab.

In for drama :D

I thought people became Mods when they didn't have a real job and have way too much time to sit in front of a computer....... (please don't flay me, it is a joke)

AJ

Ok... As the thread takes a different turn...

So, it appears that the high 5s is what the 5 speed can do to 60. Thanks.

Anyone from NYC and Long Island have any opinions of their service department? I buy cars just as much for the way that I will be treated during warranty service and for the loaner cars.

SuperSubie

I can't say for down there, but I have had the single most pleasant buying experience I've ever had here in Acton Mass at Village Subaru. I'd like to say I'm an expert on this since I have owned 8 new cars in the last 5 years (I get bored easily). I've dealt with GM, Acura, BMW, and Lexus over that time, and have recieved first rate service at many places, but nothing has come close to the personal feel and attitude of this purchase. I hope you find something there near the experince I have had. If Subaru made something as high end as my wife is accustom to driving I'd be trading her car in too. Our nearest Lexus dealer is the pits.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'll bet that the auto, once rolling is quite a trip. A lot of power breaking and maybe a higher stall torque convertor would be the ticket, I'd imagine.

So the 0-60 with an auto is around 6.6.....kinda dissapointing.

is that with aggresive sport-shifting (:lol:) ??

Not really. 1 second slower to 60 is not too uncommon for autos.

These days though, true autos have made big strides and are closing the gap in the performance difference.

But, 1 second slower to 60 for a turbocharged, AWD automatic is actually quite good. Those three things combined usually don't add up to great off the line acceleration, since most AWD cars require higher rpm's to launch REALLY strong, and most autos don't allow for high rpm power braking

Not really. 1 second slower to 60 is not too uncommon for autos.

These days though, true autos have made big strides and are closing the gap in the performance difference.

Very true. Best automatic trans on the market today IMHO is the 5spd and 7spd automatics offered by Mercedes-Benz. They use a small high-pressure torque converter (less power loss), and an electro-hydraulic lock-up clutch.

-Chike

Archived