LegacyGT.com

AVO CAI filter clean after 6K

wsmith30132

I took the filter off the other day to clean it and it looked perfectly fine. I still washed it in soapy water and let it air dry. After washing it the water didnt look real dirty either? Has anyone had an UOA with an AVO filter and had results leading to possible subpar filtering? I would just tend to think that it shouldn't have been that clean. Thanks

not sure, I hope they do not have subpar filtering. I took my AVO panel out to clean it (a little less than 10K miles on it) and I was surprised to see that it wasn't dirty at all. I just picked the leaves out, shook it out real well, and put it back in.

I took the filter off the other day to clean it and it looked perfectly fine. I still washed it in soapy water and let it air dry. After washing it the water didnt look real dirty either? Has anyone had an UOA with an AVO filter and had results leading to possible subpar filtering? I would just tend to think that it shouldn't have been that clean. Thanks

my oem in black by 8k. i go through air filters more than i wash my car.

I have about 57k on the car now. The avo cai went on with a protune around 49k or so. I used to have a K&N drop in and it always had real dark areas where the main airflow was. Granted that filter required charging with oil, but even after washing the AVO the water didnt look dirty. It just seems to clean to be doing its job.

Think the colour of the cone filter hides/masks the dirt and dust.

I cleaned mine last night and it certainly needed it based on the colour of the water in the sink. After it was cleaned it didn't really "look" any cleaner although obviously that was the case.

my avo panel filter has gotten dirty before but never as bad as my kn panel filter. my cobb st intake should be in soon and i think thats a kn filter. i do think the kn's filter better than the avo's. they probably both flow the same

Archived