LegacyGT.com

Which lugs?

liljay794

Ok so I just bought some 225/40/ZR18 tires for my 18x8 rims. Now, I need lugs, I know the lug sizes are 12x1.25, but what lugs would be thinner than the stock ones to fit my new rims? The stock lugs DO NOT fit my new rims, I don't want to spend $100 on lugs and find out they dont fit through the hole. What should i do?

Search Muteki lugs, cheap 40$, good. I got sets on both my Subarus going strong since 2000.

+1

Gorilla spline drive lugs or Macgard (sp?) work too. Not sure where you live in Jersey but you can pick up lugs at Lee's Electronics and Performance on Rt. 1 near Edison that are good quality and price.

Oakos has mcgards for decent price.

I got free valve stems too.

The mcgards are good. Mutekis are fine also.

Whatever you do avoid the ones you get from rota

car for sale. PM me!

Whatever you do avoid the ones you get from rota

why is that? i've been using the lugs that came with my Rota wheels for over 2 years with no issues. :confused:

Stay Stock Stay Happy

why is that? i've been using the lugs that came with my Rota wheels for over 2 years with no issues. :confused:

The black painted ones hold their paint for all of 5 minutes after they come out of the bag

car for sale. PM me!

You'll be fine with Mcgard or Gorilla spline style lugs.

How are the Gorilla's?

I am either getting black Mcgard splines for 90 or some gorilla black splines for $30. What should I do?

The Gorilla's are OK. I use them up here on my winter wheels. Went 2 winters with my first set and bought new ones this winter. Bought this set from another member for like $30 shipped or something like. At that price I don't mind beating the crap out of them and replacing them every couple years.

Heard nothing but good things about McGards. Problem is that the regular set does not typically come with locks. That means set + locks and you are getting close to $70-80+ or so IIRC.

Never used the McGards but I did consider them for my new summer wheels. Couldn't find a set locally and once I dealt with shipping/exchange/tax/etc. they ended up being pretty pricey. Found a set of Ray's lugs for the same $ as I would have paid for the McGards so I pulled the trigger on those. Absolutely gorgeous set of lugs ..... :wub:

^I have actually heard that McGard's may actually be superior to Volk Lugs :)

Yeah right now I am looking at 16 McGard Lugs and 4 lug nuts and wrench for $109. Pricey Indeed. However, I have also heard locking lug nuts are also not necessary for McGards because each lug is virtually a lock in itself.

Also I do not really want to put volk lugs on my prodrive wheels. Does prodrive have lugs, I do not think I have seen them?

No Prodrive lugs that I've seen.

I thought that the McGard has a generic spline key for each of them. That's why you need the locks. Not 100% sure though.

The Gorilla spline lugs definitely have a unique spline key. The set comes with a key serial number that is something like 6 digits long.

Really???? The McGards nicer than the Ray's/Volks???? Haven't installed them yet but did pull them out of the package and very impressed.

I am just going by second hand knowledge but from what I have heard Volks are a little overrated and priced. They are high quality. But with McGard you get as good of quality or maybe slightly better for a lower price.

But if you picked up the volks for cheaper than McGards then who cares :)

I finally got my rims and tires mounted along with the Muteki black lugs. I love the setup however the guy at the shop said something about a ring in the center not being long enough? I believe its called a hubcentric bore ring or something and said I needed a bigger one. He said its safe to drive on for a little bit, but I definitely need those fast. What size do I need and where can I get them from?

Archived