LegacyGT.com

Wait for the 2010 Legacy or get an 09?

Best thing to do is like you said yourself, just go and test drive them. It is all preferences. Lets be realistic, we all want more power after a while but you can only go so fast on a road and you have to weigh the pros and cons of everything. The 175 engine is perfect for what I am doing as a college student. I commute back and forth to school everyday and have the extra knowledge that A. I am getting decent gas mileage, B. Its a reliable car since it has been out forever (not sure how reliable the newer engines will be since its the first year of production), C. It handles perfectly in all situations. You just got to see for yourself and make your decision based off that. To be honest, I wanted a truck/jeep/suv before even looking at a subaru. But I had to weigh all my options at the time and saw that gas was almost $5 a gallon, I needed something for the snow, and there was no real practical need for a suv or truck at the time. That will be my second car though in the future :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know how else to convey this point to you: He's not satisfied with the horsepower!

This isn't about you and your preferences longislander. You don't see a need for more than 170hp. Well, I don't see a need for a tow hitch, but it doesn't mean that other people won't need it. Just because I don't need my spare tire right now doesn't mean I won't ever have to use it.

He asked a question about the 0-60 and I told him a fact:0-60 in 9 seconds.

You'd better read his posts again. He's checking out a 2.5 this weekend. It looks like you're the one who's not satisfied.

Throwing around 0-60 numbers without driving a car and understanding how it's going to be used becomes so much BS. The fact is that unless you're tracking the car or live in Montana or are dumb enough to do stoplight drag races in the middle of crowded neighborhoods, there are few opportunities to put the pedal to the metal. A lot of times, horsepower and 0-60 becomes little more than a bragging contest. And you know what they say: those who need more horsepower may be compensating for something else . . . ;)

the suggestion of downsizing to the impreza might be the perfect compromise...

i am going to check them both out this weekend.

you guys are AWESOME!

As it's already been stated, the 08+ Impreza isn't much smaller than the current Legacy since they are now based on essentially the same chassis. The numbers are listed here-

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/impreza2008.html

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2005.html

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

alright...my reluctance is that, please correct me if i am wrong, the base 2.5i manual has zero-60 of 9+ seconds. I am going to be going to graduate school so I will not have any disposable income to modify the car...

Sorry but I think you'll be better off getting a used GT if ur so worried about speed... you will be a lot happier too... performance wise.... honestly I don't think you'll regret going with a used legacy gt... and you'll be surprised with how much you'll see with just small performance mods... 9+ sec is pretty slow if u ask me... and if what they are sayin about the 2010 legacys, she's gonna be one heavy sob...

So I made a huge mistake and drove the LGT...It was and is amazing and well I am just going to go for it! I will let you guys know when it is official!

Thank you for the great advice!

isnt that what i said???? to just get a used LGT?? i told u, u wont be dissapointed... but no1 listens to me...:spin:

ur gonna get bit by the boost bug...

My new recommendation is to either leave the site

even if he leaves the site hes gonna end up coming back because he wants more... its ok... everyone gets bit by the boost bug... i got bit HARD....

Okay, not to open up an enormous can of worms, but what about this stutter/hesitation that people are talking about? I am not going to tune it so COBB flash is out. Would people lean to the 3.0 instead?

Okay, not to open up an enormous can of worms, but what about this stutter/hesitation that people are talking about? I am not going to tune it so COBB flash is out. Would people lean to the 3.0 instead?

thats what u say now... but later on down the road your probably gonna want more power... and COBB is not the only option you have to tune... you can go open source which is little to no money... its up to you whether u want the 6 cylinder boxer or the 4 turbo boxer engine... personally i like the one with boost... gives you HUGE range of options later on if u do decide u want more power... as far as the N/A 3.0 your really limited.... thats IMO....

Archived