LegacyGT.com

VF52 on its way

Guest adam07specB

Guest adam07specB

So i broke down and ordered the VF52 and some 750cc injectors (incase i go bigger later down the road) and I will be getting it retuned on yay ol dyno.

My Goal (fingers crossed) is to get to 300+ whp.

Also if need be i will be upgrading my clutch... Pics to come!!!

I'm doing a perrin FMIC cuz I figured if imma be spending 900 on a TMIC I might as well spend a little more for a FMIC that way it opens my options later on... I think u can run the vf52 on ur stock TMIC fuel injectors and fuel pump... u just won't get 300whp...

I've been looking into the VF52 and it sounds like 300whp be done with stage3.5 minus headers and fuel pump. It's been done with a ?? LGT and an 08 WRX.

I believe I saw a 08 wrx put 290whp and 320wtq?? That's without injectors/fuel pump... but I think he was kinda maxing his injectors at a very dangerous lvl... something like 95%?? Not too sure but there is a thread on his car.... I have yet to see a actual chart on a legacy... but as soon as I get mine in and tuned I will post my chart and 1/4 mile times... the dyno on the 08 wrx I believe had a flatter curve... unlike our vf40's hit max power fast and then die out... but I believe I was told on average u can make 300whp with the vf52... and obtainable with a after market TMIC... honestly I think the FMIC might be a little overkill but I'm thinkin future :)

I'm doing a perrin FMIC cuz I figured if imma be spending 900 on a TMIC I might as well spend a little more for a FMIC that way it opens my options later on... I think u can run the vf52 on ur stock TMIC fuel injectors and fuel pump... u just won't get 300whp...

$900 on aTMIC? Can't you grab a Perrin TMIC for less then $500 new. Even less if you pick up a used one.

Looking forward to seeing the #'s with the VF52. Congrats and good luck putting it all together :)

impo id go with the avo fmic. i am when i get my vf52. reasons perrin fmic is designed for sti style turbo and avo is designed for the legacy. gettin 750cc injectors and new fuel pump.

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

$500 new, where? Lowest I've seen was a little over $500, but that deal is long gone.

i guess that deal was over a while ago, my bad. used is still a good option though, i picked mine up used for about $450. The $900 number ting threw out just caught my eye so I reponded.

Can u give me the link for the tmic that's a little over 500 new??? I've yet to see one... the reason I'm going with the perrin fmic is cuz I found a guy sellin for 900.... if I can find a pretty decent size tmic for 300-500 ill probably just go that route....

I heard the same thing about the injectors and TMIC. I also read that a fuel pump is not necessary.

Here is a dyno of a VF52 05 LGT and 08 WRX

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2218269&postcount=801

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2491384&postcount=57

I actually heard our FP can support 650cc injectors... not for sure... I think our FP is 155lph?? And the 09 wrx is 175lph?? Or was it the new sti that was 175lph I don't remember... honestly its safer to just get a FP.... $100 dollars for a walbro 255lph.... to me that's worth it... :)

$900 on aTMIC? Can't you grab a Perrin TMIC for less then $500 new. Even less if you pick up a used one.

Looking forward to seeing the #'s with the VF52. Congrats and good luck putting it all together :)

Sorry I did kinda throw that number out there... but the cheapest I've seen the perrin €>-c for is 755 shipped...

Can u give me the link for the tmic that's a little over 500 new??? I've yet to see one... the reason I'm going with the perrin fmic is cuz I found a guy sellin for 900.... if I can find a pretty decent size tmic for 300-500 ill probably just go that route....

Perrin was selling them for a little over $500 at the end of last year. I guess to get rid of overstock, but they are back up to $800 now. If you want one keep an eye out. They are not hard to find.

Looks like they are $600 now, give them a call - the price might be even better.

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/servlet/the-972/Perrin-Subaru-Legacy-GT/Detail

I'm also converting to a VF52 turbo. I just now have to wait until AJW Performance gets them in. I'm sticking with 650cc injectors since I dont want to modify my FP housing or have increased FP noise.

So i broke down and ordered the VF52 and some 750cc injectors (incase i go bigger later down the road) and I will be getting it retuned on yay ol dyno.

My Goal (fingers crossed) is to get to 300+ whp.

Also if need be i will be upgrading my clutch... Pics to come!!!

I see you're in hartford, ct. where do you plan on doing the tuning? I've been considering a custom tune for quite some time but don't know of any reputable shops to get a reliable tune from around here.

Nate

Archived