LegacyGT.com

Did a little painting...

PiKap335

I was concerned about chipping too - but repaiting in the future will be very easy. It's initially a PITA to remove the grill (six screws on the back...I used a mirror to locate them), but they're not necessary to reinstall. If I need to remove it in the future, it's just four screws up top & a couple clips.

Temporary solution until an aftermarket grill is developed.

Forgot to mention - the wings actually unclip & can be removed from the grill - no taping necessary :D

Are your wheels black too? I'm pretty sure I saw this car on Santiago Canyon last night... Nice

Yup, that was me - I take Santiago home everyday (just a little better than the 5N :lol:).

Is your LGT white w/ BBS style wheels?

Yeah, I've been taking Santiago everyday for the last 5 years or so because I hate freeways. I was undercover in my commuter car. I'm pretty sure the white one with wheels is an older asain lady and then there is another white one with with a kid always wearing a hat. I don't think they're on here because i've posted them in spotted before.

The freeways are brutal in O.C. I use to live in South O.C. and trying to get to Irvine or Costa Mesa was miserable in the morning. There's no other way to get north or south in some parts of South O.C. than to be on the 5.

Very nice, I did mine the similarly. I did both pieces of chrome though.

Yeah, i love the completely blacked out look on the 08/09 LGT grills - unfortunately we OB guys have the big chrome strip on the f-n hood that complicates things...I'm on the fence - not sure if I want to leave it as-is, or black out the whole thing. :spin:

I just used a flat black from home depot.. I didn't clear coat it as I don't want any shine to it at all. I thoroughly sanded the pieces, then used a green scrubby to make sure they were fully scuffed. I then cleaned and dryed them and did 3 light coats to get it mostly black and let that dry, then did 3 more and let dry and then a final 3 and let dry. When it was totally dry I waxed the pieces and then resintalled.

Can i ask what kind of paint did you use and did you put a clear coat over it? I did mine a while back and it is chipped up like crazy and i want to re paint it.

I sanded mine down w. 100 grit sandpaper...after scuffing it up, I put down a layer of primer & then three coats of flat black. I topped it off w. a matte clear coat...hasn't chipped yet after a few thousand miles.

Archived