LegacyGT.com

Fog lights don't do much??

I just got my legacy, which i had fog lights as an option, and they don't seem to cast as much light as the ones on our old 99 forester did. I turn them on and can't see any difference in visibility, which i was expecting close up to the car and on the sides. Could they just not be adjusted correctly?

completely useless in hawaii, except on heavy down pour days (1 week a year)

but everyone down here seem to love leaving theirs on......its just weird to me cuz they could be putting that money into better more useful mods, to each his/her own i guess....

I used to use them when I had my RS, but I find the headlights on the LGT much better, and don't need them. Besides, the previous owner put some yellow-tint RockBlocker stuff over the fogs, so in my opinion they're really fog-only at this point.

I had an 08 LGT with foglights. I posted in a thread earlier because it appeared that the lights were not effective at all (could not see the light) while sitting in the car.

Indeed, they needded adjustment. There is a screw behind the light (have to reach up under the bumper to get it. this screw adjusts the light so you can see it better. Its still not the brightest, but made a significant difference in that I could finally tell when they were on or off!

Archived