LegacyGT.com

Progress springs

scoobydoobie

I searched and it seems the Progress springs are comparable to Swifts. I only really found one review thread about them though. If any one could give their opinion on quality and ride/handling with these and Spec.B bilsteins that would be awesome. Just looking for some insight on these springs/this set up.

Thanks.

Had mine for about 20k miles, they ride great (perfect match for the HD Bilsteins I have on the car now) and they handle better than the H-Techs I previously had. Under the car they still look new, just alittle dirty. No complaints here.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Body roll reduced by a good bit with these springs? If anyone else with Spec.B bilsteins (or a Spec.B) running these springs could give their impressions, that would be awesome. Not much info on this site about these springs.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Body roll reduced by a good bit with these springs? If anyone else with Spec.B bilsteins (or a Spec.B) running these springs could give their impressions, that would be awesome. Not much info on this site about these springs.

From stock, yes the body roll was reduced. I also added the Ralitek RSB at the same time, which also improved the balance of the car without affecting the ride quality. I have to say the HD Bilsteins matched with the upgraded sway bar and the progress springs gives a very "German" feel to the ride and handling of the car, if only the steering were a bit tighter/more communicative I would say the driving experience would be next to perfect.

From stock, yes the body roll was reduced. I also added the Ralitek RSB at the same time, which also improved the balance of the car without affecting the ride quality. I have to say the HD Bilsteins matched with the upgraded sway bar and the progress springs gives a very "German" feel to the ride and handling of the car, if only the steering were a bit tighter/more communicative I would say the driving experience would be next to perfect.

awesome, thanks LowFast, this is the kind of insight I was looking for. My guess is it rode similarly with the Spec. B bilsteins, just maybe not as stiff/good handling? Do you have any pics of your car?

I've got the Rallitek RSB on the car now (w/kartboy endlinks) as well as 225/45 RE960's. Nice neutral handling and good grip, but it definitely feels underdampened on the stock suspension and rolls way too much in the curves. I want better handling, less body roll, and without an overly stiff or bumpy ride. Sounds like these should be a good match for me.

I wonder how the drop/ride will change for me since I have a 5EAT as opposed to the 5 or 6MT found on the Spec.B? I'm surprised more people aren't running these as they seem to be a good choice and cheaper than most of the other springs out there.

Glad to help, when I was researching these springs I got very little feed back so now I feel it is my duty to help out the community if they have questions about them.

The HDs are alittle stiffer/firmer ride than the stock Spec-B bilsteins. I had the stockers with H-Techs, coilovers and now the HDs, of the three I perefer the HDs. Mine is a 5 speed 06 so it probably weighs about the same as your auto 05. I do have some pics somewhere I will have to find them. It sits pretty level with a slight "sag" in the rear, I have purchased some of the 1/4 "saggy butt" shims to make it sit perfect. I plan to install these once I get a free weekend. If I were to do it now I would go ahead and buy the shims and install everything at once.

Archived