LegacyGT.com

Trading Camry

King276

I would take a 2.5i over a camry anyday and not jsut because i love legacys lol. The two thigns that arent biased that would make me pick the legacy over the camry are 1 AWD, 2 everyone one and there cousin has a camry.

I would take a 2.5i over a camry anyday and not jsut because i love legacys lol. The two thigns that arent biased that would make me pick the legacy over the camry are 1 AWD, 2 everyone one and there cousin has a camry.

Those were 2 of the things I was looking at. Plus the Camry with AT is not the best driving experience. Sometimes I'm scared to switch lanes for lack of power. It doesn't downshift quick enough.

How much difference does the AWD make in daily driving and snow or ice?

Thanks

AWD with good tires means you can go threw snow past your bumpers but stopping is the same because all cars have 4 brakes. I love AWD and i plan on never having a non AWD dd ever again. AWD hurts mpg a little, i see 28 freeway and my average all around for the past 10kmiles has been 21mpg.

I looked at a 5-speed 09 Camry CE when I was shopping for a car. I chose my 2.5i. Doesn't feel like a boat like the Camry does. The Camry is SO soft. OTD price came to be around the same, but I'm sure you can get a damn good deal now with the economy and all.

AWD with good tires means you can go threw snow past your bumpers but stopping is the same because all cars have 4 brakes. I love AWD and i plan on never having a non AWD dd ever again. AWD hurts mpg a little, i see 28 freeway and my average all around for the past 10kmiles has been 21mpg.

05GT Guru has the GT. Obviously you'd get better mpg with the 2.5i than the GT. Plus the Legacy looks better IMO.

DOOOO EEEET! The legacy is a wonderful car. My 13 year old legacy can go where my friends newer ('05ish) camry won't. Not to mention AWD is much more fun in empty parking lots ;)

If I had a FWD car I'd be walking up half a mile of driveway every day, but as long as you don't fear using a bit of skinny pedal, the legacy conquerors my driveway like nothing's business!

I'm also looking to get the MT. I test drove it around town yesterday, and really liked it. Clutch felt good, and it was easy to get back into it even though I haven't driven a stick in almost 10 years. How is it on the highway? Do I have to be tentative to try to pass someone?

You can either just pass them, or downshift to 4th and pass them in style, your choice :cool:

I don't have a newer legacy, but my mom has an '06 outback with the 2.5i and 5MT. It has a good amount of power. And since the legacy is lighter, you'll have plenty.

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about trading my '08 Camry SE for a Legacy 2.5i SE. The 4 cyl Camry is pretty uninspiring. Anyone have any opinions or potential negatives on this?

Thanks

the 2.5i is pretty uninspiring too :]

get the gt if you can.

I would love the GT, but it's outside of my budget unless I get a great deal.

The GT is really expensive, not just because it costs more to maintain, buy, and fuel up, but mainly because it comes from the manufacturer with a horrible virus. It is called the modding bug. The modding bug has been known to cost people thousands and thousands of dollars. The modding bug is not curable either. It is only curable by selling the car. Then you won't have a way of getting around... Vicious cycle

I would love the GT, but it's outside of my budget unless I get a great deal.

If that is the case I would save my money and keep the camry. If the camry has no issues I would keep it for a while. Yes the awd is nice, but with the proper tires the camry should have no issues in the snow, plus you know it should be reliable.

DON"T DO IT. THE LEGACY IS SLOWER THAN THE CAMRY ON 2.5i. IF U GETTING A LGT THAT WOULD BE DIFFERENT. DON'T WASTER YOUR TIME AND MONEY. STOP DRIVING FAST AND CUTTING PEOPLE OFF LEFT AND RIGHT AND YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT POWER. :)

DON"T DO IT. THE LEGACY IS SLOWER THAN THE CAMRY ON 2.5i. IF U GETTING A LGT THAT WOULD BE DIFFERENT. DON'T WASTER YOUR TIME AND MONEY. STOP DRIVING FAST AND CUTTING PEOPLE OFF LEFT AND RIGHT AND YOU WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT POWER. :)

No need to shout.

I'm not one to cut people off. I just like to be able to get around people that are going below the speed limit on the highway. I'm actually pretty courteous to other drivers that drive with common sense.

Well if the camry wasnt enough i doubt any n/a 4 cylinder engine will be. They all make around the same power and weigh close to the same weight. You either A need a bigger engine or B need a turbo if you want more passing power

Maybe with a 4EAT its slower.

A 5MT? I'd like to see a Camry beat me.

Yes a 2.5 would win but when it comes to just passing people if he doesnt like the way the camry does it hes not gonna like the 2.5i that much more.

With a 5MT he will. Take it from someone who owns one. The 4EAT is going to control how he drives more than a manual. He already said he likes the way the clutch feels and everything. All he needs to do is drop it a gear to pass somebody. I do it all the time :)

The new Camry's are coming out with 6 speed manual V6 or a 6 speed I4. Lucky them. Why the hell can't my 2.5i have a 6 speed? I mean a Nissan Sentra has one for crying out loud.

The 2010 legacy is supposed to have 6EAT, 6TM, and CVT options. If you are going to get a subaru, wait till those come out. gonna be sweet cars.

Archived