LegacyGT.com

OMG! Cheapest ever LGT= scam?

Check THIS craigslist ad and tell me it is not a fake. I emailed the guy expressing that the price seems $10,000 or more too low, otherwise I would buy it at that price. Here is the response.

Hey,

Thanks for being interested. The final price for the Subaru is $4,500. I am a Private - 1st Class in the U.S Army and my platoon has been sent back to Iraq (I hope that President Obama will stop ASAP this misery), so I decided to sell it quickly because I don't want it get old in my garage. The price is low because I need to sell it before March 14th.

The vehicle is a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited Sedan, Mileage: 33,406, VIN#: 4S3BL676654215430, Clear Title, Engine: 4 Cylinder Turbo engine, Exterior color: Black, Interior color: Tan, Transmission: 5 Speed Automatic with Electronic Overdrive, Fuel type: Gasoline).

Legacy GT Limited, 250 HP, 250 torque, black exterior, tan leather, in excellent condition. New tires, new brakes. Only 33,400 miles. All scheduled maintenance, records available. Looks and runs great.

This is a practical and well thought out sedan with comfortable leather seats. The black exterior and tan interior show no wear and is very versatile with seating for 5 people. It comes loaded with features including Driver Air Bag, Anti-Lock Brakes, Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Cruise Control, CD Changer, Passenger Air Bag, Rear Window Defroster, AM/FM Stereo Cassette, Leather Seats, Power Door Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Windows, Power Steering, Power Seats, Side Air Bag, Sunroof/Moonroof, Tinted Glass, Tilt Wheel and many other features. This Legacy is absolutely clean and perfect for the family, student, or commuter looking for a fuel efficient but safe car. You will not be disappointed! It Runs, Rides, AND looks Great. It is a beautifully cared for - VERY CLEAN - vehicle with no flaws or any damage on it.

The Exterior of this car is in VERY GOOD condition and has a nice glossy finish. The Interior of the car is SUPER CLEAN and carpets are in great condition. Everything is perfect and working excellent.

The vehicle is located at the shipping company, in Sacramento, CA; in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

Thanks you!

PS: Here you have some pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/alex.smith930/MySubaru?feat=directlink

I bet he would want me to wire him the money Western Union and wait for my car to not show up.

What do you guys think?

I have had cars up for sale and wanted looking ads on websites for the past 4 years now. I have probably gotten emails from over 100 scammers, hell i even had checks sent to my house for my legacy for 24,000 bucks and i was only asking 18k back then lol. All the accounts linked to the checks were empty or not real.

Just got this back when I asked him where the craigslist ad went. He didn't even answer the question. :lol:

Here is how we will make the deal; as I already told you, I will take care of the shipping so I will ship it with DAS Auto. In this way, it will be delivered in 3-5 working days.

I am a member of the eBay buyer protection program and using this service we can make this deal safe and fast. You will get a 3 days testing period after delivery.

Before we begin I need you to reply back with your contact info for eBay (name, shipping address and phone number) so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal. For now all you have to do is to read the transaction details and after that tell me if you interested in making the deal.

A cash sell would have made my life easier, but I can't leave the unit. I've already made selling preparation (shipping, payment, etc) and canceling all now will result in money lose in my part.

For the moment let's stick to email correspondence, in case we agree on the transaction I will call you.

Thank you!

Really ???? Me too.

So did you help him ..... :lol::lol::lol:

Not yet...I need to wire him 25k to help him move the money out of the country...THEN I get 5mm....great deal.:lol::lol::lol:

Rehab is for quitters.

Not yet...I need to wire him 25k to help him move the money out of the country...THEN I get 5mm....great deal.:lol::lol::lol:

That's what I was thinking. It's just taking some time for me to gather the $25k .... then I'll be in teh $$$$$. :lol::rolleyes:

My buddy is a Craigs List junkie. He see's these ads all the time , way underpriced.

One of the tip offs is you never see the car. There is always some story why not.

For kicks he E mails them that he's ready with money in hand ....and when can I see the car....thats when it gets fouled up.

Total scam. I actually exchanged a few emails with him a while back, to see just how big of a dirtbag the guy is.

I don't know exactly how big of a dirtbag he is, but I can say that he's got no qualms about ripping off my alter ego: a fellow soldier who is paralyzed from the waist down and whose wife just left him for his best friend.

Archived