LegacyGT.com

Noise from Rear when cornering.

lester_strud

I'm getting a clunking noise coming from the rear and sometimes the right front of the car. It only occurs when I am hard cornering. If I turn the same way more than once the noise does not happen both times.

Also under hard breaking the car will sometimes pull one way. Had the brakes checked and they are still at 70% They are DBA's with Hawk pads. You can really notice this when it is wet and you are driving on the highways and then need to brake.

Anyone got any ideas as to what this could be or if the two issues are related?

Are there upgrades to the bushings? I'm assuming these would not be covered under warranty.

Would this be a good time to upgrade the whole sway bars and would this reduce the amount drift I'm getting on the highway when it's windy?

i think the cause of the drifty highway speeds is the lower control arm bushing. at least thats what i've gathered from reading around.

and yes you can buy new bushings. i dont have any details for you as i'm looking into the same subject, but they're available

energy suspension swaybar bushings and new sways...do it! or in the mean time tighten the endlinks

as for the brakes i too have the same setup and it happens to me too and others with the DBA's and Hawks dont know what to tell ya

Archived