LegacyGT.com

Wheel alignment aftermarket springs.

Jordan

Well like everybody else with a subaru on the east coast i was playing around in a parking lot during the recent snow storm and hit a snow hidden parking curb thing. It wasnt really a big deal just threw the steering wheel off to the right a little bit. So I take it to the local dealer for an alignment since I havent had one since I installed my swift sport springs and they recomend me replacing the front left, and back right control arms. I didnt do it because i know it was b.s but they said something about the bushings being out of whack. They aligned it as best they could " steering wheel still off center" Just trying to confirm that they are full of shit and that I should go to a specialty shop.

It is possible that they could be bent after whacking a curb. I would want to make sure that replacing those parts would actually fix the problem and that the frame was not also bent, but it might be a good place to start. You could always take it somewhere else for a second opinion.

Just a thought, but the OEM LCA is not that expensive or difficult to install- it can be done with half inch sockets, a breaker bar and torque wrench. I can't speak specifically for the rear, but it also should not be too difficult. You could take the savings and put it toward a lifetime alignment program at Firestone, etc.

Good Luck- please let us know how it turns out!

Oh, and by any chance did you see our friend Manuel while you were out there in the snow? He's been missing for a few days now and we're starting to get worried! :lol:

Quick somewhat related question...didn't think my question deserved starting a completely new thread...

Should I get an alignment?

That is the question.

Coming up on 60k miles.

Car has always driven straight and true.

Is an alignment one of those things where if it isn't broke dont' fix it...

or should they be done with our cars from time to time.

I do most of my own service but this would obviously be one of those things I would pay to have done.. probably at the dealer since they know subaru and would know the proper settings for the car....

any thoughts would help..

thanks

car is riding fine, handling what I throw at it fine (which is alot) steering wheel is a little off but smooth ride doing 90, maybe pulls a little to the left. Not replacing shit to bad anthony from stohlman left, he would have given me the true scoop. regardless they charged me 89 bucks to do "the best they could" which is probly absolutley nothing. my windshield sprayers havent been working for a while ( not frozen ) nor has my cruise control (no CEL) does cobb ots deactavate these? stupid quistion i know.

Have had cobb for a few years now... never had a problem with Cruise Control.

My guess is windshield sprayers and Cruise Control might be on the same fuse.

Perhaps a fuse is bad???

Have you checked all the fuses both inside the passenger area and in the engine area?

Oh, and by any chance did you see our friend Manuel while you were out there in the snow? He's been missing for a few days now and we're starting to get worried! :lol:

:lol::lol:

I know someone who bent their control arm hitting something. So it is entirely possible.

Last time I had an alignment done was after I had my front springs replaced (one broke). And IIRC it cost me $75.

Archived