LegacyGT.com

Any suggestions to kill or lower the drone from cobb CBE?

Soda Popinski

Sound deadener may not be the best compromise. As an ex IASCA competitor I went the Deadening route as well but my Magna flow system was still too loud for my tastes. It cut sound around an estimated 20 % . I then put a straight thru high flow Muffler (Magnaflow 4x6 oval design) in place of one of the cats and that really did the trick. I'll have pics soon in a separate thread.

Straight through muffler... Hmm good idea. Post the link to the thread you create with the pics. I'd like to know where you positioned it under the car.

These APS equal length headers and this turbo back aren't the nicest sounding pair IMO. It would probably sound fine if it was a single muffler instead of dual mufflers. I need to queit the system down.

Sound deadener may not be the best compromise. As an ex IASCA competitor I went the Deadening route as well but my Magna flow system was still too loud for my tastes. It cut sound around an estimated 20 % . I then put a straight thru high flow Muffler (Magnaflow 4x6 oval design) in place of one of the cats and that really did the trick. I'll have pics soon in a separate thread.

You sure it wasn't 4"x9"? I can't find an oval 4"x6".

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=7998

I guess I'm not old enough to want a quite car :)

Yeah, guess I'm getting old. Those mosquito ringers don't bother me at all :redface:

But, I love sleepy. There is nothing quite like surprising the %#$#! out of vette, audi, or bimmer with a nice quiet LGT.

• 4 months later...

Archived