LegacyGT.com

Crazy Thought on Brake Upgrade- Brembo Fronts + FHI Rears

Paisan

Has anyone thought of or actually done Brembos in the front and FHI 2-pot rears on the LGT. Downfalls? Etc. I'm open to ideas. I'm thinking the FHI rears may be a direct bolton due to the rear rotors being the same part # etc.

I'm already aware of the proportioning valve issue, but other than that what pitfalls?

-mike

Why do you need a bracket? I would guess because of the knuckle being different.

As for "performance", I'm not looking for an upgrade in performace, I'm trying to find a way to prevent my rotors from cracking. Been cracking rotors like they are kids toys on my LGT and it's stock.

Hawk HP+ pads, DBA 4000 Rotors....

-mike

fixed calipers bolt directly to the backing plate instead of using a caliper bracket. On top of that the bolt spacing for rear 2-pots is different (although brembos and 2-pots are interchangeable).

To put 2-pots on a sliding caliper car you need these:

kartboy.jpg.8098ab8b81c7ac0d72f5ebfa15af6cd2.jpg

Yeah I've done the intall lots of times, just not a whole lot on the LGT, was thinking perhaps because we use the same rear rotor as the FHI 2-pot rears it might be a bolt-on.

Now here is a followup question. FHI 2-pot rears or Brembo 2-pot rears. Advantage of the FHI ones is that there is less unsprung weight due to significantly ligher rear rotors than the STi rear rotors with the pressed in ring for the parking brake.

mike

Archived