LegacyGT.com

DIY: YourLEDShop LED FlexiStrip

TSi,

I just scored a set of stock headlights (amongst many other nice toys!! :spin: ) and i'm going to take that set apart, cut back that little plastic lip (i think it's the one you were talking about) that's on the inside of the headlight and try to flush mount the strips in there (along the bottom) then put it all back together. I get all the parts tonight, so i'm going to attempt it this weekend.

Thanks for the suggestion it seems like it will be a really nice set up

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did you get stock headlights??

TSi,

I just scored a set of stock headlights (amongst many other nice toys!! :spin: ) and i'm going to take that set apart, cut back that little plastic lip (i think it's the one you were talking about) that's on the inside of the headlight and try to flush mount the strips in there (along the bottom) then put it all back together. I get all the parts tonight, so i'm going to attempt it this weekend.

Thanks for the suggestion it seems like it will be a really nice set up

Cool, SilverScubie! Keep us updated! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

actually you wouldn't believe the luck i had.....my buddy had a wrecked Leggy at his shop that was considered totaled (back end damage, roof buckled) and a $h!t ton of aftermarket parts on it that i got bone, dirt arse cheap!!! basically a whole stage 3 kit for nothing.....somebody up there likes me 0:-) haha. I'm picking the parts up saturday, a whole truck load. I might start workin on them sunday up at the firehouse....i'll keep ya posted!

Doc,

I'm still waiting on the parts from my guy....i'm starting to question his worthiness...

If all else fails, i'll do it to the ones i have now, i'm just slightly hesitant because they've been torn apart once already, and well frankly if i screw it up some how....well, i'll keep this a family show....

I will def. keep everyone posted as soon as i start on this endevour!

So I was waxing my outback today and I noticed that the rubber trim molding all over the car is really starting to wear and show its age. In some places it seems like its peeling off. Oddly though, I noticed a gap starting to form between the lower part of the headlights and the bumper. Almost big enough to fit the LED strip in between. My bumper isn't falling off, just settling...i hope. I'll post a pic when its light outside.

edit: picture inserted in my album

ArcTec34 came over and we installed the strips above the headlight on my Outback. I'll post pictures when its dark, looks good.

However on a bad note, one of my strips has 3 dead LEDs in the middle. LEDs light up on both sides but i have a group of 3 that I have to poke or push to get them to turn on...and then they turn off if they get bumped....Cliff, can you help me out with a replacement strip?

edit: 3 hours later, another 3led segment is acting funny....using a golf tee to poke it back on.....same strip though.

ArcTec34 came over and we installed the strips above the headlight on my Outback. I'll post pictures when its dark, looks good.

However on a bad note, one of my strips has 3 dead LEDs in the middle. LEDs light up on both sides but i have a group of 3 that I have to poke or push to get them to turn on...and then they turn off if they get bumped....Cliff, can you help me out with a replacement strip?

yeah, here's a link to my post about the quality of these strips, they truly are lacking.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86554&page=28

can't wait for pictures, though!! =)

Archived