LegacyGT.com

I got the rumble while driving in snow!

This is odd but today a snowstorm hit and I got caught out on I-64 so as im driving i noticed that my car started to sound more like a LGT and then there was no mistaking it it was rumbling I turned off my radio and just listened to it then as I drove out of the snow covered section of the road it went away so I was thinking maybe snow clogged a tailpipe on one side or something odd but anyway it was a good preview of whats to come :)

im serious it was def the rumble from that black bean soup & re-friend beans I ate at the mexican resturant half an hour before... It was a methane factory in the cabin

:lol:;)

This is odd but today a snowstorm hit and I got caught out on I-64 so as im driving i noticed that my car started to sound more like a LGT and then there was no mistaking it it was rumbling I turned off my radio and just listened to it then as I drove out of the snow covered section of the road it went away so I was thinking maybe snow clogged a tailpipe on one side or something odd but anyway it was a good preview of whats to come :)

Snow in rims=out of balance wheel(S)=rumble

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

how bout you wait to get people excited until you do something real?? :)

Well MOMWGN shipped me the exhaust on saturday should be here by Wed or Thurs then ill show you...ill show you all:rolleyes::lol: not that seriously but ill let yall know

• 4 weeks later...
NO dude any fool knows that an out of balance wheel vibration doesnt resemble the Subbie Rumble :cool::mad::):p;):spin::eek:

Yeah, and bearings heal:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• 2 weeks later...
I actually had this happen, i got really excited when this happened to me, since it reminded me of my Bugeye, but when i checked it out, I found that a lot of snow/ ice wrapped around the exhaust and it was the reason i was getting the rumble... :(

I was a little sad to find out the legacy 2.5 come with equal length headers stock. But the extra 10 ish hp from the old single cam motors is nice.

:(

Actually you'll still get the rumble with ELH. It's more the configureation of the engine that really puts out the rumble. The UEL does increase that but it's still there. Got a buddy with a Bugeye that has ELH and it sounds mean as hell. Most Legacy owners don't notice much cause of the quietness of their exhausts. I know I hate how quiet the SVX is with a fully functioning stock exhaust and I won't know what the EZ30R sounds like till I get the Impreza running but EL doesn't elminate the rumble.

-Gaddis

Actually you'll still get the rumble with ELH. It's more the configureation of the engine that really puts out the rumble. The UEL does increase that but it's still there. Got a buddy with a Bugeye that has ELH and it sounds mean as hell. Most Legacy owners don't notice much cause of the quietness of their exhausts. I know I hate how quiet the SVX is with a fully functioning stock exhaust and I won't know what the EZ30R sounds like till I get the Impreza running but EL doesn't elminate the rumble.

-Gaddis

While i would love to believe you ( it would save us N/A guys a lot of money on headers :lol:) I cant i put a manifold back exhaust on my 2008 Legacy 2.5i it sounded like honda and it has the Stock EL manifold. Put a LGT manifold on the car and bam! rumbles like a LGT or WRX or 2.5i with UEL manifold. If there is some trick you know to making EL sound like UEL PLEASE TELL US ;):lol::rolleyes::p:spin:

I actually had this happen, i got really excited when this happened to me, since it reminded me of my Bugeye, but when i checked it out, I found that a lot of snow/ ice wrapped around the exhaust and it was the reason i was getting the rumble... :(

Yeah and I wonder exactly why snow would do that? Does the drop in temperature have an effect? I would like to know next winter ill try again :lol:

I'm thinking that with snow closer to the bottom of the car, the "normal" noise didn't dissapate as it does with just air between the floorboards and the road surface.

The snow also muffled the "normal" tire / road noise.

Archived