LegacyGT.com

Timing Belt Replacement 2.5T

Yep. Process is: first install using marks. Then count the teeth. Then release the tensioner. Rotate and count the teeth again. Simple.

Tip: to put driver side cam sprockets in position just use 10mm Allen bits on non-rachet bar. Remove the little cover on the intake sprocket, just be careful as some oil my spill out of there and you don't want that on a new belt.

Edited by unclemat

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't there something about rotating the crankshaft by hand a and making sure the timing marks line back up. I'll say its been 10 years since I replaced mine, I pay to have it done now.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Well, yeah, I also rotate and count the teeth again. In fact, I might have skip counting the teeth, before rotating.

After rotating the marks will not line up. So you count the teeth.

I would expect that with enough rotations of the crankshaft, all the reference marks on the belt and sprockets will line up again.

Yes, but it will take many rotations. Not practical. Easier to count teeth.

• 3 years later...

I didn't know you all were so active over yonder. I'm a one man show if you know what I mean and I certainly don't care for what I am reading!

I bought, stored and had installed the Aisin TKF-004 kit. I hope it lasts.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk