LegacyGT.com

Anybody in Knoxville

hlewis12

Anyone in Knoxville willing to help me change out my UP. I've tried to tackle it twice now and again today got everything taken apart but couldn't figure out how to get it out. So I ended up putting everything back together for the second time. So if anyone who has changed had their Up Pipe out before willing to lend a hand please let me know. By the way I have an 05 LGT.

I'll be there next week ... on business. Unfortunately not going to have the type of clothes that would allow me to help, but I can offer this.

You have two choices if the UP doesn't fall out between the cross member and the manifold flange ... well actually 3, but two that are easier than the 3rd. 1) pull off the manifold - this means another gasket that needs to be replaced. 2) jack up the engine - requires unbolting the motor mounts from the cross member ... this is the way I've done it. 3) take off the turbo, from the top obviously.

I don't believe it is too difficult ... when I had a another problem (alignment of the TMIC) it was suggested to me to clock the turbo which involves essentially removing it and turning it a few degrees.

Anyway, if thats your preferred method do some searching on removal and I think you'll find all that you need.

BTW - you need to replace all the gaskets which you remove anyway. The are crush gaskets and are only reliably used once, however it sounds like you have already reused them a few times, I wouldn't do it any more.

• 3 weeks later...
ahhhh, i see. well, like i said, if you need/want some help, let me know. i'm not too far from there. i'd like to try and figure out if there are any meets up that way... guess i'm gonna have to go searching on nasioc for all that tho

I actually got together with a couple of guys the other day at buffalo wild wings on the strip and it was pretty fun. I think it would have been better if more people had been there but still a good time.

I actually got together with a couple of guys the other day at buffalo wild wings on the strip and it was pretty fun. I think it would have been better if more people had been there but still a good time.

I'll be down that way next weekend, heading to pigeon forge. Buffalo wild wings is some good stuff...so is P F Changs. Was in Morristown awhile back, missed this thread though

• 3 months later...

Archived