• 110,000-120,000
    • 130,000-140,000
    • 140,000-150,000
    • 150,000-160,000
    • 160,000-170,000
    • 170,000-180,000
    • 180,000-190,000
    • 190,000-200,000+

got 111k on my turbo. Debating changing it out soon to be proactive. last checked at 95k my mechanic said it looked solid.

begs the question how long should I keep it in?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got another Subaru after being without one and a car for 2 years.. I picked up a 1995 legacy L wagon for $400 it has 198,100 on it now.. Only thing that needs to be done so far is I need a new water pump since it's leaking while the car is off and wont really hold fluid and some exhaust work needs to be done.

Glad the car came with dual port heads :D they are rusty too more the reason to change them.

I got another Subaru after being without one and a car for 2 years.. I picked up a 1995 legacy L wagon for $400 it has 198,100 on it now.. Only thing that needs to be done so far is I need a new water pump since it's leaking while the car is off and wont really hold fluid and some exhaust work needs to be done.

Glad the car came with dual port heads :D they are rusty too more the reason to change them.

Sounds like my car; does CT salt? How are body panels (rusty?)?

2000 lgt; 147K

CE light is on (for one year) and its just a bank2 o2 sensor. No issues, runs the same, no decrease in performance or gas mileage :D

.... but state inspection time is this month. looks like I will need to replace that 02 sensor before going forward w/ the inspection.

2000 lgt; 147K

CE light is on (for one year) and its just a bank2 o2 sensor. No issues, runs the same, no decrease in performance or gas mileage :D

.... but state inspection time is this month. looks like I will need to replace that 02 sensor before going forward w/ the inspection.

What if you reset the CEL, how long does it take to come back? Because if it takes a while just reset it in the parking lot before they do the inspection...

Sounds like my car; does CT salt? How are body panels (rusty?)?

CT does salt.. the car is brown the only part where it's really rusted out is where you pull the handle for the rear gate up under where the rear plate lights are.

none of the body panels are rusted

2000 lgt; 147K

I just replaced my O2 sensors from guy on ebay selling (supposedly) Beck/Arnley (in pic) sensors for $20 ea; they throw codes; need to reset CE again, don't know if there is a problem yet. Early indications: Maybe slight increase in MPG's.

Here is my point to you: Just reset your CE light before or on your way to smog inspection; it takes some time for brain to evaluate and decide to throw a code again.

What if you reset the CEL, how long does it take to come back? Because if it takes a while just reset it in the parking lot before they do the inspection...

You should have plenty of time to get your inspection bfore light comes back on...

That won't work, yor car's computer will still say that not all emissions tests have run completely when they plug up their computer to it. The ECU needs to go through a series of tests to make sure all the emissions are OK, if one fails it'll throw the light back on. So basically they'll see that there was a very recent problem and the code was reset.

That won't work, yor car's computer will still say that not all emissions tests have run completely when they plug up their computer to it. The ECU needs to go through a series of tests to make sure all the emissions are OK, if one fails it'll throw the light back on. So basically they'll see that there was a very recent problem and the code was reset.

It is worth a try

Well, yeah I suppose it's worth a try if the $30 or whatever you pay to test it isn't a big deal to you. I'd just be pissed to pay that much if I had a good idea it was going to fail, and then see it fail. Reason I know is that a coworker of mine worked at a smog shop before working at the shop with me, so he's told me how they actually do the testing.

lucky you with the legacy that only has a rusty rear gate....

the lower part of my driver side fender just fell off like my passenger side.

runs good still though, I just had my local shop flush out my tranny. I'll take it back later to have them do it again in a few months...just to get all the gunk. It shifts really good now.

Just bought two 3 wire O2's off eBay for cheap; $20. Have been throwing P0141's. Guy told me "black goes to black, and other two wires don't matter, just connect them..."

Apparently either it DOES matter, or, wrong sensors, (i assume).

Hope I don't have to neg the guy...

Archived