LegacyGT.com

Removable water filter for the community hose

Hey everyone, in my condo complex there's a car washing station that every one can use.

One thing I noticed while filling my rinse bucket is that there is some particulate matter that comes out of the hose (like grit/sand/ or something).

I was wondering if anyone knows of a filter hose attachment/spray nozzle that I can put on the hose when I'm using it and take off easily when I'm done? I don't trust the people in my complex to treat things nicely as they've already broken 3 or 4 squeeze spray heads.

Thanks in advance!

Eric

Sure thing.. a lot of hoses have a tiny little grit filter if you want to put it inside the hose. Most commonly it's found in power washer attachments and can be found at Home Depot or Lowes.

If you want to go a little over the edge.. you can get a large house filter unit, attach hose endings on each of the inlet/outlet.. and have your own hose :)

Sure thing.. a lot of hoses have a tiny little grit filter if you want to put it inside the hose. Most commonly it's found in power washer attachments and can be found at Home Depot or Lowes.

If you want to go a little over the edge.. you can get a large house filter unit, attach hose endings on each of the inlet/outlet.. and have your own hose :)

Attach and detach the large house filter every time I want to use the hose?? seems like it would be too much. I was hoping for something like the spray nozzles that have the soap in them except its a filter instead of soap.

Buy two sets of quick fittings. Leave one on the outlet of the faucet and one on the inlet of the hoseand use the other set of quick fittings on the filter suggested above.

That way you can quickly pull on and off your filter and the community never has to deal with the quick fittings and their hose nozzles attach normally

^ I have used the Mr. Clean system and it is OK. However:

1. You need to leave the quick disconnect attachment on the hose and it could get damaged by the neighbors. Or you could leave it off but loose some mobility in the handheld (no pivot without the quick connect)...

2. They don't recommend using other soaps because it can clog up the nozzles. Guess what... that's like $10/bottle and it only lasts a few washes. I guess you could try other soaps... :confused:

3. The filters are also ~$6 each and they are only "rated" for a few washes.

I suppose if you ignore the soap and just use it for filtering it wouldn't be bad. You probably don't have to change the filter too often if you aren't picky. I stopped using mine after a few months though...

I suppose if you ignore the soap and just use it for filtering it wouldn't be bad. You probably don't have to change the filter too often if you aren't picky. I stopped using mine after a few months though...

That was my thought. I have the cheaper version (which doesn't have the quick connect) and quite frankly it's better to just not put soap in it anyway. Stupid thing leaks like crazy, and soap all over the floor in my closet isn't cool.

But it's a fairly cheap approach to filtered water.

True, and the on/off switch is nice, along with the variable spray patterns you can choose (not sure if they're on the cheaper model)...

Not a bad option if you must have filtered water, however I would just use the two-bucket method and let the water settle for a few mins while I do the wheels.

So I use the two-bucket method but my main concern is for when I'm rinsing down the car. I don't want all that grit and particulate matter running over my car while I'm rinsing.

Thinking something like his first suggestion

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product?storeId=10101&Pr=p_Product.CATENTRY_ID%3A2014027&productId=2014027&catalogId=10107

http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/G_23783G_SW_1.jpg

Archived