LegacyGT.com

Tactrix, AP, VAG-COM

Sebastian

Sebastian, can you please point me to a current eBay listing of the VAG-COM cable that you bought? Both of the links you posted in this thread are now showing as invalid on eBay.

I bought the VAG-COM cable directly from the Autonostic site 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten it. I've sent them 2 e-mails asking to update and have tried calling several times but nobody picks up.

I just wanted to make other vendors aware, that if they plan on buying the VAG-COM cable, do it through eBay and not Autonostics. The company is a complete ******* joke and I basically just lost $20 because I don't think there's any way I can get my money back since nobody over there is answering my e-mails or picking up the phone.

-Sergei

That's too bad. I bot mine from them and then returned it 'casue I could not get the ECU to be read....had to buy a Tactrix. They shipped mine quickly and cerdited my account in a timely fashion...

This is the same company located here in FL, correct?

Rehab is for quitters.

That's too bad. I bot mine from them and then returned it 'casue I could not get the ECU to be read....had to buy a Tactrix. They shipped mine quickly and cerdited my account in a timely fashion...

This is the same company located here in FL, correct?

Yep, same guys. I Google'd them to try and find more contact information, and instead found an Audi forum where a couple of members were complaining that it was taking them a while to get their cable (like 2 weeks). This is simply unacceptable and I'll be filing a complaint via PayPal to get my money back.

-Sergei

Sebastian, can you please point me to a current eBay listing of the VAG-COM cable that you bought? Both of the links you posted in this thread are now showing as invalid on eBay.

I bought the VAG-COM cable directly from the Autonostic site 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten it. I've sent them 2 e-mails asking to update and have tried calling several times but nobody picks up.

I just wanted to make other vendors aware, that if they plan on buying the VAG-COM cable, do it through eBay and not Autonostics. The company is a complete ******* joke and I basically just lost $20 because I don't think there's any way I can get my money back since nobody over there is answering my e-mails or picking up the phone.

-Sergei

Wow, I went to leave a comment for the seller on ebay and it said they are no longer a registered user. Cable seems to be working fine though.

check the sticky topics, I think they are pretty clear :D

uh, yeah, clear as a bell.. I'm looking for (hopefully it exists somewhere in one thread) is something that tells me how to read the datalogs and what to look for to insure the tune on the car is safe and the engine is working properly. Maybe I'm not typing in the right key words in the search engine here and at Romraider, but I can't really find a good beginners guide..

Here are a couple of logs that I did. The bigger one is me driving around the car, warming it up. The second is a 0-60 pull. I see the roughness monitor showing something at the beginning of the large log and at the end of the short one.

Can anyone take a look at one or both of these and tell me if they see any cause for concern? The engine was recently replaced under warranty and is completely stock. (05 LGT 5EAT)

romraiderlog_20090505_205446.csv

romraiderlog_20090505_210634.csv

• 1 month later...
Reviving the thread..

So does anyone else have an opinion on cable/laptop vs AP?

What I want to do:

1. I want to be able to download or buy tunes and put them on the car.

2. I want to be able to take the car to a dyno, and have them tune the car, and store the map on my AP or laptop.

3. I want to be able to read and clear CEL's.

4. I want to be able to data log.

5. Being able to switch maps on the fly would be cool, since I plan on getting an electric exhaust cutout. Again this is cool, but not an absolute deal breaker.

These were never answered. Im also looking for answers to 2 and 3. Also when using OS, can you save your stock tune and reflash back to stock?

These were never answered. Im also looking for answers to 2 and 3. Also when using OS, can you save your stock tune and reflash back to stock?

If a tuner flashes an open source tune onto your ECU then all you need to do is a read ECU function in ECU Flash to have a copy of that tune on your computer. This is the same way that you save the stock ROM.

Learning View now has a code reader built in. Clearing the codes can be done by the reset ECU function on learning view or reflashing the current or a new map via ECU Flash.

Basically, you should be able to do #1-4 with the laptop + USB cable; #5 requires an AP from all I've read.

Also, as biz77 mentioned, the shop would need to flash an open source tune. It's my understanding that Cobb, Ecutek, etc. tunes can't be read by anything but the corresponsding hardware. Perhaps someone with more authority an confirm/deny this.

You might want to check out the RomRaider forums to see if there's a free open source tune that would work for you.

In the end, why not just try it out? Do what I did and throw down $13 to get a VAG-COM cable on eBay. Mine took about 2 weeks to get here from Hong Kong, and works well (I drive a 2005 OBXT).

At the very least, you'll get $13 of amazement at the effort that has gone into the free tools (RomRaider, EcuFlash, etc.) Pretty impressive work.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived