LegacyGT.com

Dealer does no good

Ive been to the dealer twice now in a month, i have an 06 lgt w/ under 20k and i get this wretched groaning noise when ever i come to a stop, also i have a vibration above 60mph, and i believe the brake rotor is also warped. an the clutch is not the greatest (thanks dad for thinking you can still drive stick). so i go to the dealer an both times they tell me they cannot duplicate any of the problems. WTF they did this to a friend of mine 05 lgt and they waited on warranty to pass an then said well that transmission problem you have been having for the past 2 years is now able to be reproduced and you will need an new tranny for about 4500 bucks. Any suggestions on how to get the dealer to actually fix my car:mad:

Like the above post, try another dealer or asking them to take a test drive with you.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

never had good luck with the dealer. as for your vibration is it in the steering wheel? if so, then you have a wheel balance issue. if rotors, you could have some build up on the pads that needs to be worked out.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I can tell you as some one who works at a dealer and talks to mechanics all day that some times the noises are either normal or the car doesnt make the noise. If we cant get the problem to show then we cant fix it.

Every one seems to think that we don't fix things on cars because where lazy or cant duplicate it. Remember that what does and doesn't get repaired is up to warentee advisors and head offices which have required steps you have to go through to even qualify a part to have to be replaced.

We had some one in that swore up and down their Discovery had a bad alignment and 6 people drove it including me and it was perfect. I finally took them out to the center of the road and pointed out to the R tard that the road is crowned and hence will always lightly drift in that direction.

Some time its not us its the people.

Also your clutch is not going to be replaced or fixed without cash outlay, its past the 12months 1year adjustment and warentee period for it.

If you have an issue you can duplicate and prove is there ask for a service manager and mechanic to ride with you and duplicate the issue. Also for your brakes your out of gas as well as the 12 month 1 year adjustment period is out.

Also elaborate as much detail as you can to your service advisor as they only know as much as you tell them.

And I'll expand on my post and say that there are a few dealerships out there with good service departments and mechanics. I just haven't found one in my area:lol:

Every one seems to think that we don't fix things on cars because where lazy or cant duplicate it. Remember that what does and doesn't get repaired is up to warentee advisors and head offices which have required steps you have to go through to even qualify a part to have to be replaced.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I can tell you as some one who works at a dealer and talks to mechanics all day that some times the noises are either normal or the car doesnt make the noise. If we cant get the problem to show then we cant fix it.

That is true.

I can appreciate that.

We had some one in that swore up and down their Discovery had a bad alignment and 6 people drove it including me and it was perfect. I finally took them out to the center of the road and pointed out to the R tard that the road is crowned and hence will always lightly drift in that direction.

Some time its not us its the people.

That is true. Many people do not realize that tires and road crown play a big factor.

Also your clutch is not going to be replaced or fixed without cash outlay, its past the 12months 1year adjustment and warentee period for it.
I will disagree with you here. Our clutch's are covered 3yr/36k NOT 12months/12k

If you have an issue you can duplicate and prove is there ask for a service manager and mechanic to ride with you and duplicate the issue. Also for your brakes your out of gas as well as the 12 month 1 year adjustment period is out.
Wrong again. You must not be a Subaru advisor. Subaru's brake pads are covered for 3yr/36,000 miles under the wear item warranty and rotors are covered 3yr/36,000 under the bumper to bumper warranty.

Also elaborate as much detail as you can to your service advisor as they only know as much as you tell them.
That is a big plus and helps us out a lot.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

i live in ny and my local dealer is a joke. my brother has a 04 sti, his rear strut when bad while under warranty. the dealer orderd the strut and about 3 weeks later it came in but by this time the car was not under the warrinty anymore so they refused 2 put the strut in even though it was orderd and sitting next to the service rep as he is telling me no. i love subarus product just not the people who sell them.

That was the dealerships service writers stupidity. If the part was ordered while in warranty and it came in after they are out of warranty, they are obligated to install them. It is in the Policy manual. Normally, the customer has 90 days or 6,000 miles after the warranty expires and the dealer is obligated to inform them of when the parts are in.

thanks guys for the help. im gonna go back to the dealer an just ride around w/ a tech to show what im talking about. also i would go to a different dealer but, there are people who work there as mechanics that i graduated in 2007 with that are now subaru mechanics, and most of them drive 80-late 90's fords an chevy trucks. i was about to say i thought the brakes an clutch was covered under warranty but someone covered that. And yes i keep everything documented, cuz my car is still way within the warranty perimeters, bought in june of 07 still under 20k. Also when i was up at the dealer yesterday i told the woman at the servie desk that i think a cv axle might be goin out, she told me point blank that legacys cv axles dont go bad! Since when has that been true

thanks guys for the help. im gonna go back to the dealer an just ride around w/ a tech to show what im talking about. also i would go to a different dealer but, there are people who work there as mechanics that i graduated in 2007 with that are now subaru mechanics, and most of them drive 80-late 90's fords an chevy trucks. i was about to say i thought the brakes an clutch was covered under warranty but someone covered that. And yes i keep everything documented, cuz my car is still way within the warranty perimeters, bought in june of 07 still under 20k. Also when i was up at the dealer yesterday i told the woman at the servie desk that i think a cv axle might be goin out, she told me point blank that legacys cv axles dont go bad! Since when has that been true

Asking them to go for a test ride is not unreasonable. If the need arises, my guys ride with the customers to find a hard to diagnose noise or problem. We mainly do it so we can rule out what is considered normal to a technician vs a customer. Sometimes I test drive them to try and duplicate it.

The thing you tend to run in with on the younger guys is they aren't as experienced. Yeah you might have a few that are shit hot, but they lack experience. All 3 of my techs have been working on these cars for the past 15 years or more a piece. One of them started working on them in the late 80's. The other was a Nationally recognized Subaru and Nissan tech. Infact, he gets phone calls from time to time from the field reps regarding transmission problems that are hard to diagnose and sometimes they bring the cars here for him to look at. He is the man! All of this happens over time gaining experience and schooling. However, you can also have idiots too that have been working on these cars. It happens.

That lady is ignorant to say the least. I am replacing a CV as we speak. All CV boots go bad on all FWD/AWD vehicles because they sit below an engine and they wear out over time. The boots dry out and crack, then they leak the fluid out. Overtime, this will cause the axle to go bad. it isn't rocket science:lol:

I have even seen an axle break at the joint.

sounds like i just need to drive to virginia an go see blackfang

:lol:

thanks man for the advice, most of the techs here just seem young or really appreciate subarus, you go look at the employees lot an its filled w/ camaros, trans ams, an pick up trucks. just outta curiosity do you ever hear about the rating form the other dealer ships the ones im referring are Prestige an hunter. But i went back today because the check engine light is back on. it came on a week ago it was a P0546 which is a exhaust temp circuit high bank one sensor one. the code was pending so the first time i just cleared it. i told the dealer about it an understandably she said dont clear it next time. so it came on today at the worst possible time so i went to the dealer and she said there is nothing to do without a appointment, i told them i have school an work durring their bussiness hours for the remainder of the week, so i had to make an appointment for tuesday by then the light will already be off again because its a pending code once again. I just wish that someone would have atleast come out an have read the code since i call the dealer an they said u need to bring it by asap. but instead i was shooed off again. making me go by work so i could read my own light. im just worried that if it throws a light again that it will go into limp mode

just outta curiosity do you ever hear about the rating form the other dealer ships the ones im referring are Prestige an hunter.

Not sure what you mean here.

But i went back today because the check engine light is back on. it came on a week ago it was a P0546 which is a exhaust temp circuit high bank one sensor one. the code was pending so the first time i just cleared it. i told the dealer about it an understandably she said dont clear it next time. so it came on today at the worst possible time so i went to the dealer and she said there is nothing to do without a appointment, i told them i have school an work durring their bussiness hours for the remainder of the week, so i had to make an appointment for tuesday by then the light will already be off again because its a pending code once again. I just wish that someone would have atleast come out an have read the code since i call the dealer an they said u need to bring it by asap. but instead i was shooed off again. making me go by work so i could read my own light. im just worried that if it throws a light again that it will go into limp mode
Well the best thing to do is do not clear the code. Do not do anything. If it goes off, let it. It should stay in history and they could still pull it and diagnose it.

I don't understand how their schedule works, but there are times I take walk ins like that without an appointment depending on my workflow and how serious the issue is. Most cases the customer is inconvenienced to come back. Sometimes, I am slammed and can't, sometimes I can do it.

Moved to Warranty Issues and Problems. Good luck and it's good to know that Black Fang is weighing in here. He's a keepah as they say in Maine.;)
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

well today i got a call from the dealer about my satisfaction and i spoke w/ someone that i had not dealt w/ yet and it sound like they are willing to help me out a bit more now. also i was refering to the dealership satisfactory ratings.

Let us know how this turns out. Was this someone from the dealership you spoke to and not someone else on their behalf?

alright well i went to the dealership today. the clutch is toast. i went for a ride w/ the tech, finally it made all the noises that it makes that the dealer never seems to hear. it made the groan in the drivers side when it came to a stop, it made the whoop whoop noises in the passenger side, and i showed him the problem w/ the steering wheel, and the check engine light has been off for a while now. so the dealer give me the car back about 30 minutes after the ride along, they say the new clutch and flywheel is being ordered. i get the sheet of paper and it says that none of the problems could be duplicated! WTF! it says the noises in the front are due to need to new tires. They more or less shoed me outta the dealership quickly i dont know if they are gonna fix the other problems when ever the new clutch comes in, they didnt even check the brakes an last they told me they had 40% left and that was about 3 months ago. also on the top of the paper they sent me home w/ it said my car has 20996 miles on it, it mos def only has 20104 miles on it, it also had the same in miles as out miles when we took probably a 5 mile test drive. Im so sick of my local dealership.

alright well i went to the dealership today. the clutch is toast. i went for a ride w/ the tech, finally it made all the noises that it makes that the dealer never seems to hear. it made the groan in the drivers side when it came to a stop, it made the whoop whoop noises in the passenger side, and i showed him the problem w/ the steering wheel, and the check engine light has been off for a while now. so the dealer give me the car back about 30 minutes after the ride along, they say the new clutch and flywheel is being ordered.i get the sheet of paper and it says that none of the problems could be duplicated! WTF! it says the noises in the front are due to need to new tires.

Did the technician mention that he has heard the noise? If so, then the concerns were duplicated. Now there is just a difference of opinion/fact between you and the technician on what is causing the noises. I don't know the quality of the techs there, so I can't say.

They more or less shoed me outta the dealership quickly i dont know if they are gonna fix the other problems when ever the new clutch comes in,
Did they mention to you if the clutch was going to be covered or not? I know they have to R&I the transmission to check for any signs of abuse and or wear and then SOA gives the final verdict. If this happens and if the dealer claims it is denied, call SOA anyways. This establishes a case number, voices your concerns on the matter and hopes for possible goodwill and lastly to see if the dealer actually did contact SOA for approval or denied claim. If they didn't contact them, then shame on them.

they didnt even check the brakes an last they told me they had 40% left and that was about 3 months ago.
Did they have a courtesy check on the repair order? If so, then they should have checked them. Also 3 months is pretty short amount of time to wear 40% of your brakes. So you may be ok on that aspect. regardless, if it was asked to be checked and they didn't, shame on them and another strike.

also on the top of the paper they sent me home w/ it said my car has 20996 miles on it, it mos def only has 20104 miles on it, it also had the same in miles as out miles when we took probably a 5 mile test drive. Im so sick of my local dealership.
It could have been a typo where the advisor wrote in the wrong mileage. I have done that, but have caught myself.

If you are still unhappy with the dealers service, try another dealership. i would first wait until the clutch components come in and see how that goes.

i assume it will be under warranty because they guy at the service desk sid well out clutches are cover for 36xxx miles. they didnt tell me if they contacted SOA. the tech said he could hear what i was talking about, then the order form says they were not duplicated. maybe ill try the other dealership after the clutch issue

Archived