LegacyGT.com

Why call it a GT and not the B4?

[quote name='PPower']OK, my bad. Can you pass some pepper for my foot? It already has enough salt. While we're getting an edumacation, was the GT used in only certain countries? Was it any different from the RS? Where I find this interesting is that the Impreza turbo has always been a GT outside of Japan as far as I know. I am big on organization and order and would be happy to see the consistent naming across the board.[/quote] No worries mate. 8/10 Legacies made in Japan have been wagons so the Sedans are quite rare. As far as I know the BC/BD Legacy GT Sedan was JDM only - with some exported second hand to NZ, Australia and possibly UK. Apart from trim the RS had a slightly larger primary turbo and 80% were made as manuals, while most GT were Auto's In Aussie/NZ the Turbo Impreza was always a WRX for the last 10 years with the WRX Sti a few years after that.

[quote name='"EJ20H-TT']In Aussie/NZ the Turbo Impreza was always a WRX for the last 10 years with the WRX Sti a few years after that.[/quote] Really? I could have sworn that Australia's Impreza turbo was called GT as well. I thought that I had seen it as that on their website when I would look it up pre-2001. I know that Europe and Latin America was called GT. I don't know if Europe ever got Legacy turbos, but there are none in Latin America that I've been able to find to even make a comparison of that.

Aussie WRX History (note Aussie slang REX = WRX, instead if saying W-R-X they say REX) Just about everyone into hi-po modern cars (in Australia at least) has heard about the Subaru Impreza WRX. The small/medium sized turbo flier was built to contend the World Rally Championship and earn Subaru a new image for vehicular performance worldwide - and both ambitions have been 100% satisfied. So much so that Subaru now finds itself struggling to keep up with the consumer demand for Rexes! The first model WRX (MY94-96) burst onto the scene winning just about every rally accolade known to mankind, and it was the 'Rally on Sunday, sell on Monday' theory that was meant to make the Rex hot property. Contemporary road tests were also extremely glowing, with many stating the little WRX as the performance buy of the decade. However, WRX sales were slow to begin with, really only hotting-up when ram-raiders took to stealing the Rex and then escaping the cops with ease. Some dealers even used newspaper extracts of these exploits in their ads!

[quote name='EJ20H-TT']Aussie WRX History (note Aussie slang REX = WRX, instead if saying W-R-X they say REX) [/quote] duh, why didn't I make the connection. OK, so all the right handers were WRX, and basically the left handers were GT.

Archived