LegacyGT.com

Just blew 2 tires on a pothole, what other damage should I look for?

The camber isn't too bad and pretty close, but that cross caster of .8 degrees can be enough to cause a pull. Your toe was pretty bad before they aligned it.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

So how does caster get out of spec if it's not adjustable? I just took a peak at my front drivers side tire and there is a lot of inner tire wear. Considerably more than the outer edge which from my reading indicates a lot of negative camber.

So how does caster get out of spec if it's not adjustable? I just took a peak at my front drivers side tire and there is a lot of inner tire wear. Considerably more than the outer edge which from my reading indicates a lot of negative camber.

On My car it's because I did a Tein basic coil over which reuses the stock upper mounts.

On his car I would suspect the violent impact moved something.

Caster doesn't really play an affect into tire wear being it relates to the forward or rearward position of the axis. Camber and toe play a much more significant role in tire wear.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

if you notify the town and they dont fix the pothole within 24 hours they have to pay to have your shit fixed for free.

I have been wondering if this is true or not, I guess it varies from state to state (probably from town to town)... Some of the roads / potholes around here are a joke, and the problem is some of them cover both sides of the road (picture an inverted speed ramp) so you have no choice but to drive over them.

Meanwhile VDOT put random intersections all over the place, which cause traffic to get backed up for no reason.

I have been wondering if this is true or not, I guess it varies from state to state (probably from town to town)... Some of the roads / potholes around here are a joke, and the problem is some of them cover both sides of the road (picture an inverted speed ramp) so you have no choice but to drive over them.

Meanwhile VDOT put random intersections all over the place, which cause traffic to get backed up for no reason.

On Michigan expressways you have to go through MDOT to file your claim. On any other road you go to the county in which the incident occurred in order to get reimbursement. Heres what MDOT says about filing a claim.

" The state will consider an award only for the damages beyond what has been paid by your insurance company, and the state must have been aware of the pothole for 30 days without repairing it in order for a claim to be eligible for reimbursement."

So, I basically ended up spending $650 for 3 tires, a tow truck and an alignment. I called my insurance to make a claim and they said since I hit a pothole in the road, it would be considered an at-fault collision, which is going to make your insurance premium go up.. I have my collision deductible set at $750 and my comprehensive deductible set at $500. So it wouldn't even be worth it to try to file an insurance claim, unless I take it in and find out if there are other large damages that need fixed. Which, I really dont think there are.

So yea, I got screwed really. I'm still going to try and make a claim through MDOT. Although I doubt it will really do any good.

And other quote for damages under $1000:

"* Form 3600 and claims under $1,000

Upon receipt of your damage claim under $1,000, this office will investigate the incident to determine if the above conditions were met. We will make every effort to respond to your claim within 90 days. Please be advised that the majority of claims are denied under governmental immunity laws."

apparently.. the govt is immune to you trying to get compensation for damages caused by them?

wow.. what a world. YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK! if you get denied, you should get some bright orange road paint, go out in the middle of the night, circle the pothole with the paint and write "your tax dollars at work" in big letters with an arrow pointing to it.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

i hit some pot holes last night, didnt blow out the tires, but took car in for alignment and it was off, just had alignment done like 6k miles ago too. Toe and camber was off.

Friends are saying the alignment is a temp fix, I probably bent someting liek tie rods. any ideas?

This is ridiculous. I don't understand why the state must know about the pothole for 30 or more days before they can reimburse you. Thats retarded. Our government is f*cked up. All they do is take the money for us and our roads are the worst that they have been in years. My drive to work usually take about 20 minutes. Since the snow and ice has come, it has taken me an average of 35-40 minutes on the same route. Instead of going the 45 MPH that is posted, I'm going 20 swerving around potholes that are so big I think if I hit it the car would literally be stuck in it. I don't understand how the taxes keep going up but the work is coming down. If they take our money, they need to use it on the right things like ROADS.

Oh, btw, I have had enough of the cities saying they aren't salting our main f*cking intersections because salt is too expensive. I guess they can risk the sh*tload of accidents and deaths to save themselves the money.

i hit some pot holes last night, didnt blow out the tires, but took car in for alignment and it was off, just had alignment done like 6k miles ago too. Toe and camber was off.

Friends are saying the alignment is a temp fix, I probably bent someting liek tie rods. any ideas?

When you take it in for the alignment, have them look everything over for damage.

factorys do build the a alignment to pull to the right just a little bit, its a saftey thing, if you fall asleep or pass out while driving you wont go head on into oncoming traffic.

Who told you that?

factorys do build the a alignment to pull to the right just a little bit, its a saftey thing, if you fall asleep or pass out while driving you wont go head on into oncoming traffic.

And right into a tree , or a Lake, or Pedestrians, or someone's house.

Archived