LegacyGT.com

Stock GT 5EAT is as fast as...

imahawki

I ran against a 330ic about 2 months ago. I was leaving from a merge lane and this guy came up behind me and went to the left lane and floored it. Well, I looked at the traffic (none), and gave him a run. I happened to hit my paddles and manually shifted and was up to about 130kmh before he turned off (three large lanes, no traffic, once again).

He got to my rear quarter panel, but not any further as we both accelerated. I assume he had an automatic, so I think we were even. Simply put, I think I was very respectable against him.

try a stage 1 tune.

stock...i think the 330i and the gt are right there.

stage 1?

not even close. talking bus links.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I'm turning into an old fart (or just getting more mature), but I'm no longer enamored by horsepower. If you're not tracking the car or planning some illegal street racing, what are you going to do with the horsepower? Just think about it. What does it mean to have a "fast" car these days? Bragging rights with buddies? A five-second burst of speed when the cops aren't looking? Jeez, even my Limited can get up to 80 pretty quickly on the highway. Then what?

IMHO, it would be much better to focus on great handling because you can enjoy that most of the time. That means you can probably cross the Toyota off the list. Plus, if you limit horsepower, it may help you to get more of the economy you were looking for when you went back to a car.

funny thing about handling...most people can't even do what their car can do stock so then they modify it. for the stock gt suspension (with uprated tires) you would have to drive like a jack a$$ to max it out on public streets. it doesn't FEEL that great but it does hold on.

I can attest to that :lol:

unless you have balding tires.. then its rally time lol!

the awd does a great job really of making up for idiot maneuvers. I've been there.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived