LegacyGT.com

Leather Interior for an non-limited car

TrueWhiteBoy

I have an '05 Non-limited with cloth interior, which is southern california during the summer is great, but during the winter when it's a bit cooler I was wondering what options I might have for a leather interior.

I don't think I would mind swapping the seats if it's only twice a year, and I understand that the seat sensors would have to be reset by Subaru, but I was wondering what set of leather seats cost or if there were any other good options out there.

I have an '05 Non-limited with cloth interior, which is southern california during the summer is great, but during the winter when it's a bit cooler I was wondering what options I might have for a leather interior.

I don't think I would mind swapping the seats if it's only twice a year, and I understand that the seat sensors would have to be reset by Subaru, but I was wondering what set of leather seats cost or if there were any other good options out there.

Same dilemna as you.

So far, these are the options that I've found:

1) Pick up a used set of seats.

2) Katzkin

3) Classic Soft Trim

Any idea what a fair price to pay for a set of leather seats would be?
I paid $1,150 installed for the Katzkin Premium kit in 2006, and was quoted $1,350 recently for the WRX. I think the kit itself is around $900.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Agreed.

It does seem steep, but after shipping + insurance 1k isn't too-too bad. It's bad, but shipping comes up to be around 20-40% of the price.

If the STi seats had side impact air bags and are a "direct" fit, I'd be all over them.

I got leather seats in great used shape off ebay, including the back seats and shipping for $500 ish. It all depends on how much you want to pay yourself per hour to scour the world wide web for a good set of seats. There are plenty of sites to look, I think this page since it is dedicated to legacygt owners, the vendor forum people want to much for the leather seats. You go to a non-specific used auto parts junk yard site or ebay, you can get a better deal, I have regualrily seen individual front seats for $150-$250 from junk yard internet sites. I probably spent at leasts 10 hours and 6 months looking for the seats, so if you dont want to wait half a year or make more than $50 bucks an hour at your real job then pay $1k for the first set you find in good shape and be happy. I figured that out one day that I was making less than minimum wage per hour trying to save a buck and time is money imo and I was wasting it being cheap. I believe the guy i got it off ebay from is autobacs1 so you can search his auctions.

So? For people who like leather, like myself, a little temperature extreme isn't a big deal.

Until you go to sell it....

The Katzkin Premium kit is all leather. The OEM seats have "Leather seating surfaces."

Just about all cars only have leather seating surfaces, until you get to the luxury cars. Even then, you have to opt for their "full leather" packages, which themselves are usually a couple grand.

Archived