LegacyGT.com

New to subbie need some help on legacy spec b?

:)Well first of let me introduce my self, im new to the forum and im new to subaru. I just moved from Texas to Vancouver Canada i sold my 350z that had a vortech supercharger in it. Im looking for an awd car that can go fast, wont break my bank, and is spacious and has some good luxury features the legacy spec b seems to be the right one.

I have a list of question for legacy spec b owners that i hope you can help me out with here they go:

How much power can the stock turbo handle for example how much juice i can get out of it before i have to change it 300whp 250whp etc ?:spin:

Have you ever wished you bought the wrx sti?:eek:

How much power can the stock block hold?:spin:

What problems has the car given you?:mad:

Whats your best 1/4 mile time?:cool:

I have a list of question for legacy spec b owners that i hope you can help me out with here they go:

How much power can the stock turbo handle ?:spin:

Have you ever wished you bought the wrx sti?:eek:

How much power can the stock block hold?:spin:

What problems has the car given you?:mad:

Whats your best 1/4 mile time?:cool:

1. 4,000

2. no, yes, maybe, i don't know

3. see above

4. none

5. i don't drag race.

How much power can the stock turbo handle ?:spin: Not sure what you mean by this... Some folks are getting 270-280hp out of their stock turbo at stage 2

Have you ever wished you bought the wrx sti?:eek: Nope. Love the look and discretion of the Legacy

How much power can the stock block hold?:spin: Not sure. Some people are running +400 hp on stock internals.

What problems has the car given you?:mad: Fuel pump went once, it was an AVO aftermarket.

Whats your best 1/4 mile time?:cool: not sure. My buddy's built up SVT Lightning ran a 12.65 at a track near Milwakee WI a few years ago. We lined up one time at a local area (no timer) and I beat him by about a car length so you do the math. Am running AVO 420 with supporting mods.

I modded my stock 05 LGT by only changing the up pipe and down pipe and a new intercooler (to handle the higher boost pressure). No internal engine mods.

Power went from 250 to 310.

Torque went from 250 to 360.

Lost 2 MPG on the freeway, gained LOTS of smiles.

Only cost a couple grand (installed).

HIGHLY recommended.

If you are getting you car soon and your winters get pretty bad i suggest you get off the stock summer tires as they are not ment for snow. They are great in the spring/summer thou.

Yup we are getting a lot of snow right now so yep im probably going to get a pair of blizzaks, does the legacy have stability control???:confused: im renting a freakin hyundai and it slides all over the place with the stock tires from the rental company.

The more i read about this car the more i fall in love with it, i think its the right one for me.:)

Does anybody know where i can get this trunk lid spoiler or the rear window wiper.:confused:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/nismo350z/legacy_logo_left.jpg

This is the kind of look i want to give it ssr wheels are so sexy.:wub:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/nismo350z/Picture2.png

Love the inserts.... but to each their own.

You'll definitely need to swap out those RE050 tires for the winters up here even if you are in Vancouver.

I didn't get tuned on the stock turbo but believe that the most power you can get from the stock turbo is about 275-285 whp or so based on the comments of other members.

Never wished that I bought the STi. Have a family and wanted a big boy car that was also fun.

Have read that if you are planning on going more than 500 hp you'll need to do upgrades to the engine such as forged pistons. Whatever ... won't go there with this vehicle that's for sure.

I don't race the car.

I believe that the lip spoiler is actually the JDM STi spoiler. RavSpec makes a replica and there is a group buy going now.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99572

As for the wiper .... that is available in JDM only.

Wheels are all personal preference. Check the wheel section. Here is "The Official Aftermarket Wheel Thread".

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11208

Yup im thinking the 09 spec b, but i dont know since the 08 has alcantra inserts on the seats and the 09 is all leather what do u guys think???

the alcantra inserts are nice.. you dont freeze your ass off in the winter and dont burn it in the summer.. and if you find an 08 left over youll get a good deal now..

^^If buying a Subaru in Canada is similar to buying one in the US, you should be able to find an 09' spec.b for a few grand under invoice. Down here, I have gotten quotes for Spec.bs around $31K or so.

My gf has a 350z so having driven both on a regular basis, you will not be let down by the legacy. In my opinion, the legacy engine feels stronger in the midrange and the 4wd makes it much easier to drive aggressively than the z. Not to mention, you will not have to worry about having huge-ass blind spots like in the z.

Welcome.

Not all Legacy's have traction control. That was added in 07 or 08.

Every Legacy (NA or Turbo) runs at LEAST in the 12's if not faster. You can read about it here all day long ;)

semantics, but traction control and stability control are different things.

VDC is stability control.

Archived