LegacyGT.com

light bar

addison

I built a light bar for rallying as well as backroad and winter driving. the picture was taken before I wired the lights so thats why theres wires dangling everywhere. What do you think? Criticism is fine but if this type of stuff isnt your thing please dont voice it.

283253029_lightbar.JPG.9c6f9ce05c146feceed03363edb74103.JPG

That's awesome...particularly the removable option. You will definitely have enough light. I've been toying with the thought of getting a pair of Hella 500's, but I don't like how big they are with the clean lines of the car.

+1 to the idea of night pictures. Light it up!! :cool:

that's awesome...particularly the removable option. You will definitely have enough light. I've been toying with the thought of getting a pair of hella 500's, but i don't like how big they are with the clean lines of the car.

+1 to the idea of night pictures. Light it up!! :cool:

+1

• 3 weeks later...
addison I am very interested in your setup. I'm considering a TSD Rally in a couple of weeks and would love more lighting as it'll all be run after dark. Any help with mounting points, wiring, etc. would be really nice!

I'd love to see some pics of how you set it up for quick release....

I made one that works on my wife's Forester and my Legacy but I have to take the grill out to mount it on the Leggy....

I'd love to see how you made the bar too. I've been considering mounting a set of hellas below the license plate for use on back roads. I know that's not where they are supposed to go, but it won't mess the with lines in the car that much.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I'd love to see how you made the bar too. I've been considering mounting a set of hellas below the license plate for use on back roads. I know that's not where they are supposed to go, but it won't mess the with lines in the car that much.

It is VERY aesthetically UNpleasing.

Functional, but ugly....

whose his or my idea? live out by me with back roads and deer and we'll talk about whats unpleasing:rolleyes:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

whose his or my idea? live out by me with back roads and deer and we'll talk about whats unpleasing:rolleyes:

Mine is very ugly (I thought you were saying you wanted to see mine too), yours looks nice!

I'm just wondering why you cose a Legacy to be your rally car?

You're assuming he looked for a rally car and chose the Legacy.

I'm assuming he looked for a good daily driver, and then chose to rally it.

Archived