LegacyGT.com

Good/Bad night

So I was haveing a blast in the leggy tonite drifting and some donuts in thou snow until I went to go fill up my tank. I tell the guy at the pump super and tell him fill it up. So as he's doing that im not paying attention and im looking at my front end making sure I didnt crack nothing right. So the tank says its full at $17.50 and I had a 1/2 tank of 93 in the car. So im like here you go thanks then right when im about to pull out im like thats not right and ask my friends what octane he pressed. So after I back up and get out of the car the attendant starts acting stupid like he cant understand english and was like what did you tell me to put in trying to see what I will say, so im like super he's like "o yea I put it in. So my friend pulls out his phone does the calculation with how much the 87 was X 9 gallons and its 1750. I was furious because if he would have just told me the truth I would understand a mistake. Hopefully the car will run ok as the octane rating should be around 90. I'll just keep on refilling the tank at 3/4 but still a bit angry. Anyway also while I was looking at my car a red wrx/sti not sure cause I just only saw it in a split second beeped as it passed and I waved. It had black wheels and it was in middle village queens. So yea thats was my wonderful evening!

i absolutely HATE the idea that I myself am too stupid to pump my own gas in my own car... and some peon making hardly nothing, is somehow smarter than me.

I mean come on, the door says PREMIUM.... oh yeah, no requirement to read in said job.

If washington changes to an attendant can only pump state, i'm making my own gas.

If it were me, i'd make the dumbass siphon all the gas out and repump the premium.

then call someone to bail me out of jail...

/rant.

you shouldn't have problems with the car, do like you said and keep mixing it for a bit, and i'd try and stay off the high rev stuff if you can. 9 gallons won't blow your car up.

you should be ok, just don't beat on it.

i live in PA and i just feel weird for someone to have to pump for me, makes me feel incompetent lol. one time this really hot chick asked me how to stick it in her..........car, lol. she needed help pumping gas because it was her first time. turned out she was from NJ.

If you lived in Oregon you couldn't pump your own gas. State law apparently.

it's actually rather nice and I don't have to get out of my car when it's snowing! I have heard story's about diesel being put into the tanks of gasoline engines by mistake...that would suck. They now have a system of checks to make sure that doesn't happen.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal...put some octane boost in it and watch the guy next time. Lame that he lied about it though.

Hehehe, I remember a while back working in florida, we preped this guys boat ready for a weekend away....a Four Winns Vista i believe, somewhere between 35-45 feet, cant really remember but anyway, we had one of the techs fill the boat up....he filled it with petrol, about $300 worth of petrol.....in a diesel powered yacht...oooh there was hell to pay.

NJ, you can't pump your own gas.

No, but you can get out and make sure the attendant is selecting the correct grade. My usual station knows me and despite limited English (they are from the Republic of Georgia) they always punch the "Ultimate" selector. And they are funny guys too. They asked me how they go about reporting illegal immigrant Russians who are running a competing station.

"system of checks"

no they just made the diameter of the tube on the diesel pump too large to fit into the smaller vented hole on a gasoline tank.

around here, the driver of the vehicle must ask to have diesel put in, no more assumptions on the part of the attendant.

They do this in spain, but the pump attendants arent acnefied teenagers nooo, they're chicks...in bikini's....i love spain

If you're serious, that is great! Maybe I should open a bikini gas station...

Rehab is for quitters.

Well it hasn't blown up yet so it's probably not to bad, lol. Yeah im never going to let any1 else fill my tank ever again. Well if im passing through jersey maybe cause gas is insanely cheap and i'll just pay attention!:lol::lol:

Archived