LegacyGT.com

i thought 2.5 NA motors were pretty durable? is this widespread issue?

No, no need to worry about the tin foil hats. Sometimes, motors fail for no explainable reason.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Have you called Perry to see what is going on? You have already had issues with Casey why would you even take it to them?

Well just to get a second opinion I guess, see what Casey would have to say. Anyways, I did call Perry today. They told me that in order to find out what the deal is, they have to take the engine apart. If they find the bearings have been neglected, I will be responsible. Tearing down the engine alone is going to be about a 1-2k job. This makes complete sense, but I just don't know if I want to take the chance. I can't afford an engine rebuild right now :mad:.

why do u need to disconnect the battery to clean/change the air filter? there is only the one connector that I disconnected before (without getting shocked)...otherwise no harm keeping the battery connected afaik

re: synthetic...I seem to burn oil when using synthetic. Switched to blended and not burning a drop.

• 2 weeks later...
Well got a call from Perry Subaru. They had a service director and assistance service manager investigate my car for two days, they come to the conclusion that the noise is more-than-likely coming from the transmission, and that there is no point in tearing down the engine. So Im thinking about getting a few different opinions for now.

Got another question, are there any tests I can have done to find out the condition of the engine, besides checking the oil for debris? I was thinking maybe a compression test or checking the oil pressure? I'm going to try another dealership to see what they have to say.

• 2 weeks later...
..update, going to RK Subaru tomorrow for a second opinion.

Checking:

-Oil pressure

-Oil change

-Engine oil analysis

-Compression of the cylinders

yay im so excited:spin:

yeah I bought my 2.5i SE 5MT from Rk Subaru and I take i back there for service b/c my college buddy i went to ODU with is the account for them. Im actually going back to trade my current 2008 2.5i for a used 2008 LGT. I was going to go thru with the header mod but no need now 08 LGT's are around $22K

I hope you get that issue figured out and it wont cost too terribly much or trade it even for a late model LGT if you have a 05 and have been paying on it you should have it paid down to the nada value so you wont have much or any neg equity if youre at RK ask for Brett Lloyd he is a aawesome salesmans he wont shaft you as hard and long as most other dealers :eek::lol:

Well guess the f*** what? The rattle I hear is coming from the heatshield, not the engine itself. The mechanic and I took the car out, test drove it, he heard the noise and immediately called it an exhaust rattle. Sure enough, he could quiet the noise by applying pressure on the shield. Wow do I feel relieved. Thanks Perry for almost screwing me over. Now that thats out of the way, I can start savin for a LGT or a WRX :)

Archived