LegacyGT.com

Took The Leggy Out In The Snow

GULLABLE0NE

Well we have about an inch or two of snow in my area already so i decided to clean off the car and take a little ride. THE STOCK RE92'S SUCK IN THE SNOW!!! I got some traction but not nearly enough to feel comfortable driving. I'm actually hoping this storm turns out a lot less severe than the news is predicting because the stock tires are tottally inadequate for winter driving. I am currently short on cash due to holiday shopping but I may have to find a way to get some dunlop wintersports. Anyoe driving in snow on stock tires be very carefull!!

Yes, the stock tires suck in the snow (and in winter in general). Bad tread pattern and they get too hard. Snow tires were my first purchase for the lgt (got the car in November, got the tires like a week later after drifting around too many corners)

Be careful out there!

hey, i'm in queens too! (flushing). it sure is coming down hard today! going out later in the evening... can't wait to see how the car holds up.

i got rid of the RE-92s about a month after i got the car in dec07. i bought yokohama avid w4s from tirerack. i'll let you know how they work out. they were about $100 a piece before s/h.

Well we have about an inch or two of snow in my area already so i decided to clean off the car and take a little ride. THE STOCK RE92'S SUCK IN THE SNOW!!! I got some traction but not nearly enough to feel comfortable driving. I'm actually hoping this storm turns out a lot less severe than the news is predicting because the stock tires are tottally inadequate for winter driving. I am currently short on cash due to holiday shopping but I may have to find a way to get some dunlop wintersports. Anyoe driving in snow on stock tires be very carefull!!

I was about to say the same thing and make the same post a couple hours ago but I got lazy and went back to sleep after finals.

I only have 2300miles on my RE92 and 2.5GT and these tires are definitel inadequate in the snow. With only half an inch on the ground and driving in I mode, I can get tailhappy way too easily. I think these tires have less lateral traction compared to the Potenza 960AS PP on my mom's 02 Accord.

Truly inadequate OEM tires. I'll be switching to either the ContiExtremeContacts or the 960AS PP. The 960AS PP is awesome in the dry and rain. The limits of the tire are way above the limits of the chassis for the Accord and they wear extremely well. The Conti's are good for deeper snow but the dry and rain performance are not as good as the 960AS PP. I might still get the ContiExtremeContacts because the handling of the 2.5GT (stock) and RE92 are great for daily driving that I imagine going to a ultra high performance AS tire can only improve and not get worse.

gullableone and invar i am also in queens(elmhurst but im really all over). I did some minor drifting and donuts in the snow, had a blast. I currently have nankang ns-1's came with the car when i bought it in november. We should get a meetup going although its cold and we would freeze our arses off!

Archived