LegacyGT.com

New 2010 Hyundai Sonata preview, a real looker.

Hyundai proves it isn't a fluke... They do it again. They actually can design an attractive sedan. Genesis did it once, Sonata is act 2. (could be act 3, if Azera counts before Genesis)

http://www.hyundai-blog.com/index.php/2008/12/15/next-generation-hyundai-sonata-yf-renderings/

http://www.hyundai-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/2010hyundaisonata.jpg

http://www.hyundai-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/2010hyundaiyfsonata.jpg

First of all, I would like to thank Adel for these two hot looking Hyundai Sonata renderings. He has sent them to me in a hope to publish them on the blog.

The renderings preview the 2010 Hyundai Sonata sedan, which is scheduled to go on sale in South Korea in the third quarter of next year. The new model will retain nothing but four wheels and two tail-pipes from the current model. Everything else will be different and developed from a scratch.

Codenamed YF, the next generation Hyundai Sonata sedan will receive a completely redesigned exterior. Gone will be boring exterior shape and replaced with a four-door coupe like body style. We are expecting to see more potent diesel and gasoline engines and Hyundais first hybrid-electric system to propel the brand new Sonata sedan.

Renderings we see here are the first (unofficial) preview of the 2010 Hyundai Sonata. They are based on the Genesis sedan and previous Sonata spy shots. Both look really outstanding, and if Hyundai manages to bring future production Sonata sedan as close to the one as we see here, then it will have another winner on its hands! Thanks for the tip Adel!

Holy smokes, that sedan actually looks really good.

If it has a 5-door bodystyle, as it looks like it could be... that would be fantastic.

The Legacy has any FWD'er beat in terms of drivetrain... but I have a feeling '10 Legacy won't look quite this good, based on the frontal concept pic we've seen so far.

Why is it always one or the other... Better drivetrain, OR better bodystyle. Imagine if one car got it ALL right, at one time... Legacy could be that car, if it looked somewhat like this, with Subaru hardware underneath.

Heck if this were just a trifecta variant of Genesis it would be amazing. A RWD small sedan, with Genesis Coupe's turbo 4, and V6, and a price point below Genesis Sedan's bigger stature, and V6->V8 engines. But I am pretty sure it won't be that, and will be a cross-wise puller. (Transverse FWD)

That looks very nice. I can't believe that will be the next.... Sonata?! Wow.

And I think they did well with the Azera too, so this is three sedans in a row that have been lookers. Plus the new little sporty coupe is right around the corner, and should be a pretty good hit and fare well against the Civics/ GTis/ Mazda3s of the world in terms of pocket rockets.

Did they kidnap a Benz and a Lexus designer or something? Their sedans are looking nicely Asian and Euro at the same time. Well done.

..and still no hint at the new Leggy styling.

The new Sonata looks good if it makes it to production intact. I think those aggressive wedge lines look good; certainly better than the sporting attempt of the Accord. The wheels fill out the car's shape and proportions well, making that 18" option look like it's going to be worth it. A different wheel design may make things even better.

its not bad.. looks kinda obese tho. styling queues from lexus.. is it just me or is Hyundai targeting import luxury makers now instead of just avg market cars?

why are all cars on the mcdonalds diet now?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

you can grab your stones now and start throwing but I already drive a subaru, im not too worried about the name on a car. That thing looks good to me and if the drivetrain is decent I would seriously consider it for the next car. Well done in the turn around compared to what they were a short time ago..... Can GM and ford maybe steal their exec and product development team :)

Gotta give credit to Hyundai... Azera, Genesis and this; all very good looking cars.

If the V8 Genesis had come in at mid 30's, I don't think they could have made enough of them. I just think they pushed the price a little too far North at this point... If I could afford a 'comfort' car and a 'fun' car I would seriously consider one. For now, the leggy will have to do both...

WHO LET THAT CAMRY IN HERE????

:D:lol:

I can't help but think of that Sonata, in fantasy land, with a liftback hatch, and Genesis Coupe's RWD, with turbo or V6 with 300+ horsepower, a 6MT, and Brembo brakes and sporty suspension.

Lowered a bit on aftermarket wheels, with tinted windows, and a free-flowing exhaust.

If only the coupe had been such a clean design. The Genesis Coupe is actually the letdown in this group, with the odd styling and drooping quarter windows, which is very unfortunate for a coupe, which should be the most attractive design.

have they fixed the reliability problem with these cars? I always see brand new ones but never one a few years old. Not even the 1st gen of the "new" Sonata. When I was looking the manager at the dealer was joking around about how a car with less than 10k miles on it needed a new motor.. and tried to pass it off that the owner hadn't been changing the oil..

it seems hyundai has really tuned it up visually,but I still worry about quality.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

You could say that it looks like ANY 4 door car. There is only so much variation that can be feasible.

The side view looks a bit like a smaller A6, with the swept back side glass

The front end might look a bit like lexus, but Lexus has moved on from this look, and don't look as good as this car does.

It is simultaneously dignified, and sleek. Very nice.

If it only it had some real performance credentials under such a body, or a superior chassis/drivetrain equipped car were designed to look so good.

Archived