LegacyGT.com

QUESTION: Legacy GT 2005+ 2.5T Gas Mileage

Here's every tank's mileage that I have record of. The last 5 tanks are crazy because I just went on a 1,000 mile road-trip to Ontario, but over the last year (starting at ~27,000 miles) you can see my car has been averaging 24mpg, through 90 degree summers and sub-freezing winters. My 60 mile daily commute is a mix of ~75%hwy/25%city.

Stock power, 93 octane.

FE.thumb.jpg.09d466455a1d596679d48964a2fd4477.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ wow, you're a freak.. Good stuff tho..

Then there is something wrong with mine, cause my studder is there randomly from idle to WOT under about 4k rpm. And its cured by disconnecting the battery, and is happy for a week or so.

Check that the injectors are OK, and also that the O2 sensors are OK.

If one injector is giving too much it may cause the ECU to mis-tune the others.

I agree with this.. Check plugs & coil packs too, if you find any problems with the above & you get them fixed, I bet your mpg will increase significantly..

Here's every tank's mileage that I have record of. The last 5 tanks are crazy because I just went on a 1,000 mile road-trip to Ontario, but over the last year (starting at ~27,000 miles) you can see my car has been averaging 24mpg, through 90 degree summers and sub-freezing winters. My 60 mile daily commute is a mix of ~75%hwy/25%city.

Stock power, 93 octane.

MMMMMM...data.....I love it.

Or to put it another way "More input Stephanie!!!"

I found I get the best mileage watching my boost gauge. If I keep the vacum at 10 or higher I get the best mpg. It's funny how a slight move of your foot can effect the mpg.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived