LegacyGT.com

QUESTION: Legacy GT 2005+ 2.5T Gas Mileage

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I get some of the lowest mileage out of anyone on this board.

I'm averaging around 16-17mpg doing probably 80% city driving (extremely short regular trips).

05 5EAT stage I (got identical mileage stock)

For a 4 cylinder, the mileage is quite poor on these cars. I always forget to take into account all wheel drive though, which probably saps them another 2-3mpg.

By manual, human control, 17 city (30-40 average), 20 rural (50mph average), 23 highway (65-80mph average). By the humbling-ly efficient cruise control, 20 city, 28 rural, 30 highway (if I held a constant speed). Note: I don't recommend using CC in city traffic and it was a really bad idea. Also, those figures were recorded while the oil seals in the turbo were shot...

05 5EAT, 18-20 city (boston), 25-28 highway, although i notice that when i calculate the mileage myself, trip miles/gal, the computer is about 1.5-2 mpg more than what it should be according to my calc;ie computer will say 27.6 when the calc says 25. imo that is too much to allow for the little bit of gas difference you add/subtract each time you fill a tank

[Don't worry I get 15-16 if im lucky in the city! Im in the delivery buisness so city driving plus rushing around usually dosen't yeild good gas mileage. But when im on the highway its all good!

quote=z28dreams;2217472]I think I get some of the lowest mileage out of anyone on this board.

I'm averaging around 16-17mpg doing probably 80% city driving (extremely short regular trips).

05 5EAT stage I (got identical mileage stock)

For a 4 cylinder, the mileage is quite poor on these cars. I always forget to take into account all wheel drive though, which probably saps them another 2-3mpg.

Combined I get ~22-23 mpg, stock except for slightly lighter wheels, which may or may not have an impact. 80% of those miles are highway, 60-70 mph. This goes down 1-2 mpg in the winter, same driving profile. I typically refuel at 1/4 tank left, and the 3/4 of a tank that I used gets about 220-250 miles.

If I go to granny mode I can push it up to 28 mpg on the highway at 55 mph, but that's (usually) not why we buy these cars...

With my stage 2 setup I was getting about 26 mpg at 75mph. After I put in my TGV delets, and 20g/EWG(and supporting modds. But kept in my stock injector while I broke -in my new turbo) my mileage when up. I got @32 mpg doing about 75-80 highway. I was running only wategate boost(10psi max) and took it easy. I have no ideal what I'm getting now because, I have been doing alot of tunning lately. I added modded stock 830 injectors and doing WOT pulles to 7000 rpms in 3rd at 20psi really kills your mileage.;)
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Averaging 19.8 since I got it. I can get as good as about 26 if I sit with the cruise on and drive mostly freeway and I can get as low as 13.8 horsing on it around town but it always averages out to between 19-20 and the only thing I have down is the Cobb accessport stage 1 but it was the same before it.

FYI, in my experience the carputer reads ~1mpg higher then actual manually calculated mpg..

agree

With Cobb AP stage 1 93 octane I can get over 27mpg if I fill up in VT and drive south to CT with the cruise set at 68mph.

Driving north to VT at 68mph I can get just over 26mpg.

I normally fill up on Thursday night, drive to work Friday AM 20 miles, after work head to VT, ski both days and drive home Sunday night. Have to put 14+ gallons in Tuesday or Wed night depending on what I do after work Mon-Wed.

The other week I was like 380 miles and it took under 15 gallons.

I don't let the car warm up in the morning, start it up back down the driveway and head to work.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm glad to find this thread. was thinking something might be wrong with mine.

down to 18 mpg (mostly city) this winter

was getting 20+ city in better weather

I've gotten as good as 28 mpg on the highway (70-75 mph)

05 5MT, bone stock

I did, almost the entire trip from Pittsburgh to Denver..

If you cruise at 70mph the revs sit at 2800rpms, which at 80mph they sit at 3300rpms. That equals considerable gas savings & decreased turbo wear driving at 70mph instead of 80mph for a 24 hours drive..

Archived