LegacyGT.com

My first logs

sugawi

Thank you for all your help to learn how to read logs.

I bought my car used and it has some non-stock parts like Borla exhaust and SPT intake. I want to make sure it runs fine, so I decided to check it with Autonositcs cale and Romraider.

Test were done at about 1100 ft. elevation and outside temperature of 50F. I also use car a lot at elevation above 6,000 so the right tuning is important.

Here is my first logs:

http://www.box.net/shared/4sgbgvqkrv

http://www.box.net/shared/gxi7rh7c0z

http://www.box.net/shared/m8o6d9ag5s

Thank you for all comments!

As far as from a tuning standpoint your ecu is stock. Your logs do not show any trouble from a boost or timing standpoint. However I am almost certain your fueling is off a bit with the SPT intake. You may want to post a learning view snapshot to get the full picture. Like I mention though, the logs are clean.

Buy yourself an AP for Christmas and go stage 1...lose the SPT intake...

No need for an AP, he can get a ECU flash for MUCH cheaper. ;)

The learning view as far as timing is perfect if you haven't reset your ECU in sometime. The fueling is off somewhat off (about 6-7%), which is right outside the edge of acceptable (+/-5%). If you have the stock intake I would throw it back on and call it a day if you are satisfied with the current power and driving feel.

No need for an AP, he can get a ECU flash (from me) for MUCH cheaper. ;)

I forgot it was you, Shamar....If I lived out in CA I would have you hook up my tune....can you tune for an AP? I suppose not.

Rehab is for quitters.

I don't have stock intake. Should I get one or there are some other options?

Either keep an eye out on your learning view every so often (Airflow ranges show the %) or have the maf rescaled. Like I said earlier everything else seems to be running as it should and it isn't that much of a problem.

New LV is pulling a bit more fuel at idle.

How do I do maf rescaling?

You can rescale your closed loop (cruising) fueling yourself using Romraider and flashing with ECU flash but then you will be basically tuning. As for your WOT fueling you cannot rescale without a wideband O2 sensor.

I collected above data after driving at 6,000 ft. elevation. Do I need to reset ECU with Learning View program after each time I read it?

No, you never want to reset the ECU, you want as many miles logged as possible.

The ECU is pulling even more fuel now. The problem with this is the ECU can possibly be over compensating and actually running leaner than the target air/fuel ratio. Due note the oem fueling targets are rather rich (mid 10's).

Haven't reset it yet, so I'll not do it then.

If I have a chance, should I pick up a used stock intake or just keep reading with learning view every couple of days.

So, when it's in the mid 10's and rich is is negative or positive value? Just want to learn what those numbers mean.

Thanks a lot for your help, infamous1!!!

P.S. As far as what you can do, what tuning can you do and what is stage1, stage 2, etc. anyway and do I need to buy new parts?

P.S. As far as what you can do, what tuning can you do and what is stage1, stage 2, etc. anyway and do I need to buy new parts?

If you were to just get a tune without buying any parts, that would be considered stage1.

If you were to get an uppipe and turboback exhaust or at least an uppipe and downpipe and then have it retuned for those parts that would be considered stage 2.

Haven't reset it yet, so I'll not do it then.

If I have a chance, should I pick up a used stock intake or just keep reading with learning view every couple of days.

So, when it's in the mid 10's and rich is is negative or positive value? Just want to learn what those numbers mean.

Thanks a lot for your help, infamous1!!!

The intake can be tuned to work properly, within reason. The SPT intake is a poor design, in some cases can cause inconsistencies throughout the MAF volt range. The choice to keep it is up to you, some like the sound. It will however not produce any additional power. Mid 10's by any tuning standards would be considered a rich mixture. Google gasoline air fuel mixture to get a more in depth explanation. But with a stock rich target this will give you more headroom if you were to be seeing potentially dangerous lean condition(doubtful).

As for tuning any additional parts you add would be your choice to make more power. As for stages I really don't like to get into all that as it just complicates things. To keep it simple, stg 2 would need to contain either a aftermarket downpipe or an oem piece with atleasr the first cat removed. See this thread for further explanations:http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48123

Just a thought...It would be cheaper for him to get a used stock intake vs. trying to rescale the SPT intake then later having to buy a decent one that's consistent. Lets not forget mid and high MAF can't be scaled without the WBO2 setup...

Soo cheapest and safe....buy someone's stock intake and stock tune

Best power and a good learning experience...WBO2, Shamar tune, and stock intake.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Haven't reset it yet

I might take that back. As I was trying to connect that autonostics cable for the first time, I think I accidently did reset my ECU. That might explain that values are going up on Learning View...

P.S. Is the intake will be the same on non-turbo Legacy/Outback as w/turbo? I'm planing to find on at the wrecking yard unless someone will post around here...

Hi, sugawi. You really need to scale your MAF! I've had the same issue with my SPT Intake, here is my noob question:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95684&highlight=Aex1

And here is one of my first Learning Views:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3224/3128638364_eb670b1143_o.jpg

Awful with those negatives, isn't it? And very similar to yours, right?

But this is one of my last Learnig Views:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3294/3127809515_c508dba8b6_o.jpg

Much better, yes? And the most important thing the car feels MUCH better now!

If you wish, I can explain you how-to, but you should decide previously, if you want to do it by Open source or by Accessport. Accessport is more secure for newbies, so I chose this method.

Archived