LegacyGT.com

Time for the first suspension mods

GT35 STi

Well. I am in the market for suspension mods. So far I have been thinking about either Tein Flexes, or Tein Comfort Sports

I had flex's on my STi and the stiffness made my bladder come out my ass. I heard they ride a lot differently on Legacy's though and aren't any where near as harsh. However this is why i've also been thinking about getting the Comfort sports, but if they make the car still feel like a boat I will be :mad: I didn't get the flex's

Since I have the factory billsteins I was wondering if just swapping springs is even worth it.

Any ideas?

You have a Spec.B? If just a regular LGT, then you don't have factory bilsteins.

If you just want to reduce body roll, just throw on a set of cobb sway bars.

Oops, forgot that I didn't have my car info on my profile thing. It's a 2008 Spec-B

KW V.2's and RaceComp Engineering's custom valved version the Tarmac1 have had really good reviews. I decided to order the T1's after a few months on my Koni strut & Swift spring setup. I am very excited to install them in a few months.

Other setups include:

Megan Racing Coilovers

BC-BR Coilovers

Bilstein Coilovers (imported)

Stance Coilovers

Ohlins Coilovers (I think this is an option)

COBB springs where designed for the GT KYB struts. Not sure how well they'd work on Bils. I know STi Pinks and Swifts are both made for Bils. I know there are lots more I just can't think of them at the moment. I must be getting old. :lol: :lol: ;)

COBB springs where designed for the GT KYB struts. Not sure how well they'd work on Bils. I know STi Pinks and Swifts are both made for Bils. I know there are lots more I just can't think of them at the moment. I must be getting old. :lol: :lol: ;)

How much do the SWIFT springs lower the car? Where do they sell them at?

The factory bilsteins are good struts..

Search around for reviews on what aftermarket springs others have tried. I have swifts, which are sporty but comfortable w/ about an inch drop all around.. Pinks are very similar, but more expensive IIRC..

Spring reviews:

http://legacygt.com/reviews/showcat.php?cat=18

RavSpec (LGT.com vendor) has a special on swifts atm:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99982

Go with the BC-BR Coilovers. Less than $1000, completely adjustable (twist knob can be adjusted just by poping the hood or opening the trunk). Stiffness, height, compression, and camber can all be adjusted without taking them off the car. They come pre-set to recommended settings (takes all guesswork out of setting these up). I measured 1.25-1.5 inch drop in front and about 1 inch in the ear. They are amazing!!! 32 settings. Stiffest setting will make your bladder come out your ass. Softest setting will be almost exactly like stock GT. I have mine set about ten clicks off the softest setting and they are perfect.

You can easily adjust the height of these also, so you are not stuck with a specific height as you would be with just replacing springs.

Archived