LegacyGT.com

Snow!?!?!?!

RobE

Anyone excited? I know I am.

The weathermen are predicting 6-12 inches in my area. I hope they are wrong and we get 12+ inches.

Winter Storm Watch for Providence, RI

from 8 am EST, Fri., Dec. 19, 2008 until 3 am EST, Sat., Dec. 20, 2008

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT... A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT.

THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR ALL OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP FROM WEST TO EAST LATE FRIDAY MORNING OR EARLY AFTERNOON. THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BECOME HEAVY NOT TOO LONG AFTER ONSET. THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. ROADS DURING THE FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING RUSH HOUR WILL LIKELY BE SNOW COVERED AND TREACHEROUS. THE SNOW SHOULD TAPER TO SNOW SHOWERS ACROSS THE INTERIOR DURING THE EVENING HOURS... BUT THE STEADY SNOW WILL LIKELY CONTINUE ALONG THE COAST WELL INTO THE NIGHT. ADDITIONAL POWDERY WIND DRIVEN SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE WELL INTO SATURDAY ALONG THE COAST DUE TO OCEAN ENHANCEMENT.

AT THIS TIME... IT LOOKS AS THOUGH MOST OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND HAS THE POTENTIAL TO SEE 6 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOWFALL BY MIDNIGHT FRIDAY NIGHT. MARTHAS VINEYARD... NANTUCKET... BLOCK ISLAND... AND PERHAPS EVEN CAPE COD MAY SEE RAIN AND SLEET MIX IN WITH THE SNOW FROM TIME TO TIME LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. THIS COULD CUT DOWN ON SNOW ACCUMULATIONS THERE.

IN ADDITION... STRONG WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ON THE COAST LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE INTO THE NIGHT. THIS MAY RESULT IN NEAR ZERO VISIBILITIES AT TIMES ALONG WITH BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. THE STRONGEST WINDS ARE EXPECTED ON THE CAPE AND ISLANDS.

THIS SNOWSTORM IS STILL ABOUT 30 TO 36 HOURS AWAY SO EVERYTHING IS NOT SET IN STONE. IF THE SYSTEM TRACKS FURTHER NORTH OR FURTHER SOUTH THAN CURRENTLY FORECASTED... SNOWFALL AMOUNTS WOULD LIKELY CHANGE. HOWEVER... AT THIS TIME... IT MAY BE WISE TO PLAN AHEAD OR MAKE ALTERNATE PLANS FOR FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING/S COMMUTE... AS PRESENT DATA INDICATE THAT IT WILL BE SNOWING QUITE HARD BY THEN.

A WINTER STORM WATCH IS ISSUED FOR THE POTENTIAL OF ACCUMULATING SNOW OF 6 OR MORE INCHES IN A 12 HOUR PERIOD... OR 8 OR MORE INCHES IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD. ANYONE TRAVELING IN THE NEXT 24 TO 36 HOURS SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO MODIFY TRAVEL PLANS SHOULD WINTER WEATHER DEVELOP.

More Information

... THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR HEAVY SNOW FRIDAY INTO FRIDAY NIGHT FOR ALL OF SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND AND PERHAPS INTO SATURDAY FOR SOME...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have my spot there is a development and they paved the road and put a culdasack at the end and no houses it is perfect. the contractor must have run out of money. located in uxbridge ma off of 146a by the new BJ's warehouse. i'll be there every snow storm

i have my spot there is a development and they paved the road and put a culdasack at the end and no houses it is perfect. the contractor must have run out of money. located in uxbridge ma off of 146a by the new BJ's warehouse. i'll be there every snow storm

You talking about the one on the left after the ramps to 146? If so, I live a couple mins from there. Thats also where all my buddies used to donate rubber to the pavement. ;) That is a good spot to mess around tho. I preferred neighborhood when I had my Subie. Not as plowed as main roads, cops dont patrol in storms, and just so much more open space to have fun. Just watch out for curbs and phone poles ;)

I'll experience 4400lbs of automatic AWD furry with my SS for the first time tonight. Definitely looking forward to it!:spin:

BTW, are you the pearl white GT with the InGear sticker on the back window I've seen around Uxbridge?

Well i Survived my way home, I got out 530, took 15 min just to excavate my car then it took my usually 10 min drive about twice that to get home, at most going 30mph. I even passed a cop :lol: But to my surprise my exit wasn't plowed so as i turned into the higher snow I went sideways for a bit! It was more fun than terror since I wasn't anywhere close to a guard rail and no one was around me. The slide was only for 5 seconds and after it stopped I quickly corrected myself and was on my way. So AWD wasn't invincible but mostly because the snow height was covering half of my tires!

omg i <3 the snow + awd.

i went back out for more fun. nearly got stuck in a snow bank that plow trucks created..."oh i can make sideways through this 24" snow bank no problem" :lol:

noob guy in a jeep tried passing me...everyone was going like 15-20 mph, i step on it a little and off i go. i look back and he is sliding around like an idiot.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not jumping up and down yet as I have to drive up to Manchvegas to get a new snow. Low (45) aspect ratio tires suck in potholes. I'm going to 16's.

http://dervish.smugmug.com/photos/445461738_TgAeG-L.jpg

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived