LegacyGT.com

My perfect baby just got hit.

UGH!

Came out to my parked car and the front drivers side corner was smashed. Headlight housing destroyed and fender bent in and flaring out.

There is a note left, but the number I called is some lame voicemail for "Tourist Office of Spain." Whatever.

So, anyone have any experience getting a headlight replaced? Im sure theyre crazy expensive. They might be able to fix the fender without replacing it, but we'll see.

Enjoy the pics:

UGH!!!!!!!!!

suby_dent2.jpg.acd0f86f884bdd4f0be5edf31ac01e5b.jpg

suby_dent.jpg.6368916d6318eb047c6094e07770b5fb.jpg

Well on my car that has been gone for 3 months now both front headlights were smashed and one of the fenders was slightly creased and it cost over 5 grand to get it all fixed. Hopefully your bodyshop is actually able to get parts and do the work in a timely matter and I would think it would only be around a grand for just one corner and fender.

Song of Post- Led Zeppelin- Wearing and Tearing

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

My car was hit in the parking lot last week. Driver's side rear bumper corner. All pushed in. Tail light assembly broken. Trunk askew (probably because of the bumper being shoved over. No note. I was pissed. You just can't have anything nice.

Thanks for all of your responses. Its great when something bad happens to have some "bretheren" to relate to.

On a happier note, I got in touch with her today, and I am set to go to the body shop on monday - with the repairs and a rental car on HER insurance. :)

Thank the lord she was honest enough to leave that note. There are some honest people in the world after all!!

Guest *Jedimaster*
Thanks for all of your responses. Its great when something bad happens to have some "bretheren" to relate to.

On a happier note, I got in touch with her today, and I am set to go to the body shop on monday - with the repairs and a rental car on HER insurance. :)

Thank the lord she was honest enough to leave that note. There are some honest people in the world after all!!

Sweet! Helps renew your faith, doesn't it?

Good luck hope everything gets fixed the way it should be. There is nothing worse than having a new car and trying to be so careful and someone else jacks it up. The first day I had my car I went to get some new CD's at Twist and Shout and came out and someone was parked right behind me and there car was pushed up against mine. I was so pissed off but when I pulled forward to check to see if there was any damage there wasn't. I even parked a little ways away so it wouldn't happen. Oh well. :lol:

im shocked she even left a note. another fatality of a woman driver.:p

ME TOO! This day and age...I have lost most faith in people's honesty. And also, faith in the fact that they even HAVE insurance. Hopefully my car will come back as good as new.

JUST ADDED PICS TO ORIGINAL POST

My rear bumper cover and left tail light assembly were delivered to my body shop today. The car's going in for surgery tommorow and I'll probably get it Monday or Tuesday. They have to paint the new bumper and do some other work. This sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my car back from the shop last night. (Mr. Polish in Los Angeles) Only took them about 4 days! Amazing. They were able to fix the fender and bumper, and replaced the headlight assembly. Paint and body work looks good. Another bonus since they repainted the bumper is that my curb rash on the underside of the bumper is now gone! (trying to stay positive here).

Anyway, just wanted to share. After having a rental Minivan, I am so happy to be back in my LGT - feels like a formula 1 car now! :)

I got my LGT 5MT last Friday night. It is "my" first new car in 18 years. I got rear ended for $3K worth of damage on the way home from the dealer. Didn't even make it to my garage. 35 miles on the car!

Archived