LegacyGT.com

Road Toll

ehsnils

Here in Sweden we have a system where the car owner is billed from the license plate only - no Ez-Pass or so, just drive through.

However sometimes the readers fails to read the plates correctly, which has caused some troubles for this person:

http://gfx.aftonbladet.se/multimedia/dynamic/00809/16s26-bilen-292_jpg_809206a.jpg

Since there is a Polish license plate that looks similar:

http://gfx.aftonbladet.se/multimedia/dynamic/00809/skattenliten_809503b.jpg

So don't trust technology too far! The OCR software did think that the "W" was the tax badge.

I don't know if they are able to get the road toll for cars that aren't Swedish...

453747.png

Technically you can do that in the states too. In Illinois we have a I-Pass system. if you don't have a transponder in your car and you go through the I-pass lines it takes a picture of your plate and sends you a ticket in the mail. If they don't get your plate in the picture how do the know who's car it is?

We have the same system on the Toronto 407, works very well even though it is crazy expensive.

Easy to fool in the winter though, just pack your license plate with snow :lol:

+1

It is crazy expensive.

Last year I took my Hertz rental car back and forth on that road only twice and got a bill in the mail a month later telling me that my Visa card had been billed almost 20 dollars (If I recall correctly) thanks to the licence plate scan.

This was from Pearson Airport to Markham. And back the next day.

+1

It is crazy expensive.

Last year I took my Hertz rental car back and forth on that road only twice and got a bill in the mail a month later telling me that my Visa card had been billed almost 20 dollars (If I recall correctly) thanks to the licence plate scan.

This was from Pearson Airport to Markham. And back the next day.

You came to Toronto and didn't call ?

I'm heartbroken :lol:

Archived