LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light Blink Cruise CEL P2006 P2007 P2009 HELP

I have a 2006 LGT.

It has ran PERFECT since day one!

I have loved the car and taken very good care of it.

I just started the car today to run to the store and noticed a blinking cruise light and the CHECK ENGINE light was on!!! :spin:

This has NEVER happened in nearly three years since I bought it brand new.

Of course I checked the CEL Codes through the 06 built in option! VERY COOL!

Here are the three codes.

P2006 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed (Bank 1)

P2007 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed (Bank 2)

P2009 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low (Bank 1)

Now what do I do?

Can any experts weigh in?

IS this a common problem?

Does it have anythign to do with the cold weather?

Will it go away on its own? :lol:

Do parts need to be replaced, checked cleaned?

IS this anything I can do on my own or do I need to take it to the dealership? :mad:

:eek:

I purchased an extended warranty when I bought the car new. It is the 100k warranty. I don't have the details in front of me but would somethign like this be covered under that subaru 100k mile warranty?

I have some minor mods. Should I unmarry the AP before taking it in to Subaru/

(I think this is a must do.)

I'm very concerned.

Any insight would help.

THis is also a very busy week.

Can I drive it for a day or so until I can get an appointment at Subaru or figure this out?

thanks!!!

wow, making it sound like the end of the world!!:lol:

sorry, can't help you though. good luck!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I think this has to do with your TGV being stuck or just not responding. You could try pulling the connector to the solenoid and the sensor and spraying it with WD-40 or some other electronics cleaner.

Did you warm the engine up at all? I dont think that this error will cause any catastrophic failures since it is an emissions device, but if you warm the engine up to operationg temperature, shut it down, clear the codes, it might not come back when you start it.

Or they sensors or solenoids could be bad. Which would then need to be replaced or removed.

Thanks for the comments. It helps.

Probably just a coincidense (sp?) but I just recently moved about two weeks ago.

It has just become rainy and cold and I had to park the car outside the last couple of nights while the new garage is being cleaned.

So of course I was worried about the baby but I didn't think she woudl die on me from sitting out in the cold.

I am talking CALIFORNIA cold :lol:

so like 35-45 degrees.

Not even freezing.

So again probably not the reason..

I just did a very cool live chat online with the dealer where I purchased the car and buy my oil filters from.

I told them the codes and the definition and they said they would call back to speak with me. (So I can set an appointment)

Got ot have time to unmarry the AP before I go in ... right?

Cool thing is I went stage 2 years ago.....

and now my subaru dealership is a cobb dealer so they shouldn't have a problem... right?

100k warranty ... hope it covers it... would make the initial purchase worth it since I dont' have extra cash I want to throw at a tumbler.

I think this has to do with your TGV being stuck or just not responding. You could try pulling the connector to the solenoid and the sensor and spraying it with WD-40 or some other electronics cleaner.

Did you warm the engine up at all? I dont think that this error will cause any catastrophic failures since it is an emissions device, but if you warm the engine up to operationg temperature, shut it down, clear the codes, it might not come back when you start it.

Or they sensors or solenoids could be bad. Which would then need to be replaced or removed.

Do this. I use LPS1 myself. From all reports doing this corrects the vast majority of TGV malfunctions. A good final step is using dielectric compound to protect them.

Not to presuppose your knowledge, but there are four connectors to "clean," one for the sensor and motor on each TGV assembly.

Thanks for the tips!

What is LPS1? Can I find it at any auto parts store or Walmart?

Where is the TGV assembly?

Are there any diagrams available or has anyone done a walkthrough on this?

Time to start searching! :)

This is definately worth a try but I have an interesting update.

I went online and set up an appointment for tomorrow morning.

I had somehwere to be tonight so I hopped in the car and drove.

Since the codes didn't sound life threatening and the car didn't feel like it was going to leave me stranded I took my changes.

It drove very good. I did leave some extra time for warming up which I don't always do.

It never felt sluggish or unrepsonsive which it did for a moment earlier this week.

IT went away quickly and I didn't think much of it until the CEL went on today.

OK... so when I got home several hours later the cruise light still blinking and CEL on.

I pull the car in the garage and get ready to pull the AP out to UNMARRY so I could take it in to the dealer tomorrow.

Turn the car on and the CEL is gone. Cruise is off.

WTF (WHAT THE FREAK)

I then spend 10 minutes trying to get my seatbelt chime disabled which came back a few weeks ago.

I finally figured it out. DON'T TURN the key OFF after the 20 clicks.

Start the car up right away and it works! For those of you who have had trouble getting it to disable! THat was my trick!

Worked for 2 years until just a few weeks ago and then was having trouble getting it disabled again.

So what do you think?

I am willing to try checking or cleaning some connectors but I guess I'll cancel my appointment at the dealer and see if the CEL comes back.

I didn't clear it or plug the AP in... they just went off!

And I didn't even tightent the gas cap since I don't think that was the same CEL. :)

Interesting....

Yeah, I had the exact same codes before...twice. It's your TGV's sticking and you can sometimes tell by the cars loss of ppower. That loss of power depends on how far closed they're stuck. That being said my issue resolved itself after a couple of hours of running errands both times. I was just about to do the ol' dielectric grease on the connectors for the TGV's too. :lol:

From my understanding you won't harm the engine .....just might suck driving because you've possibly lost a ton of power.

Do not put dielectric grease on the connectors, it is a non-conducting grease designed to prevent arcing. It will make the sensors not work at all.

You are wrong.

I have been in electronics of one kind or another for about fifty years, and know differently from experience. I have used it on my car's connectors, as well as weatherproofing my motorcycle's connectors. Add to that the countless satellite, cable, antenna, and other RF connectors that have remained trouble free.

It can be confusing to the uninitiated; the grease is, in fact, non conducting. But, duh! One certainly wouldn't use a conductor in this application. However, the metal to metal contact of connectors' contacts is not compromised by the grease, and all the grease does is shield, encapsulate, and protect.

While I was first exposed to dielectric compound as a heat transferring interface in semiconductor applications, its use shortly spread to include RF tuners in TV's and non-arcing contacts of all kinds. After a half century of using it I can promise you it won't disable your car's connectors.;)

• 2 months later...

Did you this issue happen on your leggy again?

I got these three codes this morning.

Kind of sucks I am on a Stage2 Protune at 57K. Is bringing it in with it as is even an option? or they will just laugh at me.

I too am in NorCal....maybe it's our wonderful weather here.

It never came back.... the codes never appeared and they just left on their own.

I have been looking for decreased performance or any codes popping up again...

so far everything has been good..

I did catch my CV Boot cover right when it ripped and had to replace that.

Look at the one on your passenger side.

The heat from the downpipe will cook them right off!

Bad design...

• 6 months later...
My '05 Legacy just came up with those CEL's. (P2006-2009) Has anyone have the same problem reoccur? Took it to Paul at DB Tuned in Rocklin, CA now the CEL is off but no guarantee it won't happen again.

• 1 month later...

yeah my original codes NEVER came back!

It's been almost a year!!

Hey TINMAN... just took my car to Paul over at DB Tuned for the first time.

I had him install some DBA 4000 series rotors and Hawk HPS pads and some Technafit Stainless brake lines!!!

They look and feel great!!!!

I recommend DB Tuned to any Nor Cal Legacy owners out there!

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
I had just one code P2009, mine tripped when i didn't warm the car and was in a hurry... that's my hunch... I looked at the connectors and there's no sign of them walking, i made sure they were seated though. I cleared the code with a really great Android app called Torque with a 20.00 Bluetooth ODBII scanner. I'll reply if happens again.

• 1 year later...

This thread is over a year old but this just happened to me (2006, 2007, 2012) so hoping some of you can chime back in with advice based on your experience. I'm in Los Angeles so definitely not a cold weather issue. Have had the car for almost 6 months and it just had its 10,000 mile birthday. No problems whatsoever and then all of a sudden got the codes and noticed loss of power. Later in the day they simply went away. Next day they came back.

Will spray with LPS1 and coat in dialectric grease as suggested by others on this thread but my question is, not knowing how TGV's work, is it a connection problem fixed by cleaning the contacts or is cleaning just a bandage for a physical problem?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how easy is it to access these connectors (4 of them, right?) and deal with it? I'm guessing pretty darn easy but I never even heard of a TGV before this and have no idea where it is aside from 'somewhere around the engine'.

Many thanks for any help with this. I want my boost back!

Archived