LegacyGT.com

05+ 5MT question

Oh god...had to ask didn't you...let me remember... I think 80mph is 3000 or just over. 70mph is 2500

99,000 miles, mostly highway, and I can't remember. If I didn't have my slippers on, I'd go for a fast ride...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That sounds about right. Maybe a tad higher rpm at each of those speeds listed (by around 100rpm

It is high, but it allows for never having the need to downshift (no matter how big the hill or loaded my car is)...even to pass (a safe pass that is).

One hiccup here. An 01 LGT is NA with 165 HP, an 05+ is 250.

RPMS for stated speeds won't be the same.

An 01 will be doing about 3k @ 70 in 4th. Don't remember 80.

But, I have an MT.

An yes I know, OP asked what YOU were doing.

O.

My 2000 t/A before the rear end gear upgrade would be a hair under 2,000rpms at 90mph

Yeah when I drove that m6 ls2 GTO it was awesome to notice 1800ish rpm at 80mph and my mpg in the low low 30's, but 30's none the less....I feel uncomfortable cruise controlling at 90mph in the leggy because it feels like abuse :eek:

Next time I'm on the highway I'll check - should help settle whether 2007 model has a different final drive or not.

Highway, I did it in front of the house... :)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

yeah, well when I put on my AP and cat back I'll probably be able to get 95 or 100mph at 2000 rpm...... :lol:

j/k but I have had people argue like that with me, of course it's usually about their Honda.

These numbers sound about right. I stay right below 3k until I hit around 80.

I took this pic a while back to actually get the temp outside (101... I miss that right now :p) This is on an '08 LGT 5MT

http://www.thehyetts.com/subaru/images/Photo0014.jpg

well that was back in June or July... and I would have definitely given up the degrees then. However I am loving the snow... and if the cold is a necessary side effect, I'll take it. But I do have a house for sale in NC if you want those temps... and the occasional tornado....

WOW..... I am WAY OT.....

Yeah 3k is about right at 80mph

so what brought on that original question?

I was just curious, My car seems to be screaming on the highway and I want to do a trans swap at some point so I just wanted to know. I drive from PA to NH for college and if I wanna go 80 it seems like im pushing the car too hard

• 1 month later...

Archived