LegacyGT.com

Nokian WR G2s

UCDlgt

With winter fast approaching (yah, its sad ...already december and no snow in the sierras:mad:) and the tread on my stock tires running out I am looking for a new set of rubbers...

I am very interested in the Nokian WR G2s but I have yet to receive a quote under ~$1000 for a set of 4 installed :confused:

Anyone in California, more specifically the SF Bay Area, had any luck tracking these down for a fair price?

Certainly could be overpowering the available grip.....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Either they're getting better or all the salt and grit on the roads is helping :lol:

ROFL!!!! :lol:

It may be a bit of both......

Then again, it took a day to practice skid control too. I think part of it was not expecting the sliding.

Certainly could be.

I found that when I got back to my 3Ds again this winter, I started over-driving them. I guess our memories do have a way of playing tricks on us.

Once I started driving more reasonably, I found that there was plenty of good traction to be had.

I haven't had any trouble at all getting up hills other cars gave up on tho.

:spin::lol::lol:

Last winter, seriously, I almost decided to PASS one of our neighboring township's Crown Vic cruisers (on Goodyear winters, not sure what kind), when it started struggling up a hill.

By my judgment, I still had a good 10, if not 15 MPH of "safety zone."

I decided to just play it smart, and backed-off. :redface:

But seriously, it would've been safer if I'd just passed him - for behind us, by quite a ways (but gaining), was the rest of the pack.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived