LegacyGT.com

Need help with HEADLIGHT!!!!!

DarkLegacy

Well... My inspection is up and and I need to have a new inspection done. The only problem is that one of my headlights blew... No big deal right... Well, I take the light bulb out and I see that the bulb has blown. The bulb has literally exploded. There are pieces of glass in the lens chamber. I replaced the bulb, but the light is very dim. I thought it was the bulb but I took the replacement bulb and used it on the other side. On the other side, the bulb works fine. I think there may be a short or something. Can someone help me out pleassseeee... I dont even know where to look. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks guys

I saw that happen once with my friends Cobra. He had to replace his entire housing because glass particles embedded themselves into the inside of the plastic housing.

Not sure what caused it but I'm interested to find out what happened to yours!

resistence is just like a way to slow current. you headlights are a simple circuit. since there is still light output, then there is no sort or a break in the circuit but an increase in resistance therefor minimizing the light output. So somewhere (which will be hard to find) there is something causing an issue. check the headlights ground and connections to the actually bulb. also if you have a voltmeter, check to see if the bulb is getting all 12+volts

Something similar to your problem happened to me with my fog light. I have an 08 specb and had some yellow bulbs in the fog lights. My passenger side bulb went out unnoticed. I discovered it when I saw what looked like a yellow puddle inside the housing. What happened was the bulb exploded and cracked the foglight lens. I guessed maybe because it was just a cheapy bulb. I haven't fixed the bulb yet (too lazy right now), but hopefully won't have a problem like a short or something.

Use a volt meter and check your voltage going to the bulbs. If it's not the same on both sides you most likely have a melted wire in the harness somewhere.

Either way that's not going to fail your inspection. Get it done and then go trace wires back until you can find the problem.. pain in the butt for the winter, but if it is shorted it might be heating up and melting other wires.

Archived